Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New skatpark in donemede.

Options
  • 15-02-2009 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got info/pics?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Groe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Sweet, nice one man.
    That park looks sick, can't wait to skate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

is it open? any more info on it than those pics?

Its not open, but people have been skating it anyway(like how it was when bushy was being built, if you were around then) and say its amazing.

Mega bump!!

Any one know what this is open? dying to try it out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭AnotherYou

Cian you raise a good pint, why aren't we just skating it anyway?

What are they gonna do? Tell us to leave? Its a ****ing skatepark, and it looks pretty buttery to me, lets get waxin and hit that ****.

I find it funny that we're waiting for them to put fences around something before we hit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

AnotherYou wrote: »
    Cian you raise a good pint, why aren't we just skating it anyway?

What are they gonna do? Tell us to leave? Its a ****ing skatepark, and it looks pretty buttery to me, lets get waxin and hit that ****.

I find it funny that we're waiting for them to put fences around something before we hit it.
    please do not put wax on the park. IT IS DANGEROUS.

moonboy wrote: »
    please do not put wax on the park. IT IS DANGEROUS.

Do you even skate?
    Seriously like, i'm not messing.
    A sticky edge is not only horrible to TRY and skate but its also dangerous.
    Imagine hitting a ledge at speed and then not moving because it has not been waxed propperly, you go flying forward and smash your face off the ground.
    OR,
    The ledge is waxed, you hit it at speed, do your trick and roll away nice and clean.
    Metal gets sticky too.

Please don't talk about things you don't understand.
    My guess is you're a parent of some one that is only starting to skate, if you are afraid of them skating in parks, get over it, because you clearly don't understand a thing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Wax on ledges is OK generally but wax on coping on quarterpipes and bowls is Lethal.
    The wax does not stay on the coping it gets on the transitions and platforms and you slip out when you least expect it. Even on the coping the wax causes problems like your trucks slipping laterally (from wheel to wheel) as you do a 50-50.
    This is what Moonboy was refering to I'm sure, I think you were a bit harsh on your reply.

Well that's a given, i've never seen anyone wax up copings.
    But ledges and hubbas generally need to be waxed every now and then to keep them buttery.

• Advertisement

I personally think your all talking ****e.

But yeah, I'm yet to see coping on these parks that hasn't been waxed by rollerbladers.

I was refering to ledges and rails

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

its spelled donaghmede.

i live 2 mins up the road, knew it was being built but didnt know it was finished.

think ill be gettin back into the bmx scene so..

need a bike now..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Anyone know when this is opening?

Heard some one say it opened the other day, wouldn't be sure though, guy's a bit mental.

Haha,

Agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭da1&only

Was up there yesterday to have a look around and sus the place out,the actuall park where the skate park is in isnt complete yet while the actual skatepark is,thats why it hasnt oped yet!I jumped the railings into the park to get a better look and was approached by the security guard who was alright to us in all fairness but said we couldnt even look around because the garda would be called not by him but by the security office who monitors he park,he pointed up to little cctv camers which where all pointing to us from the tops of lampost around and in the park,big brother style stuff...
    He said it will be another month or so before its opened so looks like were just gona have to wait.

The wait is seriously killing!

You and me both man,the place looks class cant wait to get in there.only down the road aswell so happy days!

da1&only wrote: »
    Was up there yesterday to have a look around and sus the place out,the actuall park where the skate park is in isnt complete yet while the actual skatepark is,thats why it hasnt oped yet!I jumped the railings into the park to get a better look and was approached by the security guard who was alright to us in all fairness but said we couldnt even look around because the garda would be called not by him but by the security office who monitors he park,he pointed up to little cctv camers which where all pointing to us from the tops of lampost around and in the park,big brother style stuff...
    He said it will be another month or so before its opened so looks like were just gona have to wait.

Anyone know where we can get some of that Chaff stuff that Snake uses in Metal Gear Solid to break cameras?

Hammers also work, or so i'm told.

• Advertisement

I want Chaff gernades!!!

I like the noise they make.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭GeeNorm

Can't wait. Go past it most days and its a scoobie oobie doobie scoobie doobie tragedy

GeeNorm wrote: »
    scoobie oobie doobie scoobie doobie tragedy

Hahaha, that was odd.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Hahaha, that was odd.

It was scoobie oobie doobie odd.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Feck, need a new pair of skates now. Ah sure I have a skateboard, might aswell learn some **** on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭ALS

official opening of the park is May 27th ,read it in the parish newsletter last week .

*Throws first in the air*

YES!!

Booo yeah,is there opening and closing times does anybody know yet?and are they gona want people to wear helmets and the likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

ALS wrote: »
    official opening of the park is May 27th ,read it in the parish newsletter last week .

any chance you can scan and email me a copy of that newsletter ASAP as in before tomorrow or so?

thanks

info@wreckless.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Its meeee

Yeh its officially open from today went down to have a look they dont expect helmets at least not yet but theyr were something like 30 bmxers there and so many people just hanging around

Advertisement