Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Camp USA

• 15-02-2009 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Has anyone ever done this? Thoughts? Advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ~Claire~

Hey ,

I havent done it but im thinking of doing it this summer also . A friend of mine did it last year and she loved it .

Im 19 and not very experienced tho , im pretty sporty tho i spose and i was a hockey coach in a kids easter day camp for 2yrs but thats about it ! What about u ?

Im guna apply thru bunac ,thats the 1 my friend went thru nd it all seems to work well , Who were you thinking of doing it with ? Only thing is im not sure about is the 9/10 weeks bit - its a pretty long time ! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭leavo08

Im kinda thinking of doing that too! any idea of how much it will cost altogether? bunac is one of the more expensive ones,but camp america is the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I am doing it this year and did it last year. I was a head councellor in a camp in North Carolina. Wasnt sure what it was going to be like before doing it. But it was the greatest 3 months of my life I have to say. :)

leavo08 wrote: »
    Im kinda thinking of doing that too! any idea of how much it will cost altogether? bunac is one of the more expensive ones,but camp america is the best!

CCUSA and Camp Leaders are the best for wages when you are actually there. 399 with Camp Leaders includes Flights and Admin stuff. Wage depending on age varies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ~Claire~

I am doing it this year and did it last year. I was a head councellor in a camp in North Carolina. Wasnt sure what it was going to be like before doing it. But it was the greatest 3 months of my life I have to say. :)

That good ? Did u do it for the 9/11 weeks yea ? Wow ur right ccusa have much better wages , ive already applied with bunac tho !!Dont think the admin r flights fees are any higher than the others tho .

Does anyone know what the story is with J1's . I havent got 1 yet , does the org help with that r do ive to apply for 1 seperatley ?

• Advertisement

~Claire~ wrote: »
    That good ? Did u do it for the 9/11 weeks yea ? Wow ur right ccusa have much better wages , ive already applied with bunac tho !!Dont think the admin r flights fees are any higher than the others tho .

Does anyone know what the story is with J1's . I havent got 1 yet , does the org help with that r do ive to apply for 1 seperatley ?

Bunac should send you all the required documents to go to Embassy to get J1. They should also make an appointment for you in the Embassy. Bunac should give you all the required documents:

DS 160 and DS 2019 is what they send you. I think the US Embassy here are trying to get folk to apply online for the DS 160 takes 5 mins tops but again contact Bunac they should be able to confirm all of this.

I was in Camp for 14 weeks in total. Awesome time.

What Camp are you going to?

Advertisement