Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer/League Sligo Town

Options
  • 15-02-2009 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey, I have a group of people looking for somewhere to play soccer either by our selves or as part of a league one night a week in the Sligo town area.

Indoor is preferable, I've tried the regional sports centre and the sports hall in the I.T but all week nights are booked up till after easter.

We also looked into the possibility of playing as part of league but the only choice we could find was the leisure leagues and they only run on Sunday's during the day. We are only free after 6.30pm every evening.

Anyone know of anywhere else where we can try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

astro turf available for hire at the showgrounds(sligo rvrs)

the problem with leagues is that they are mid season now....you
    could also try some of the local area community centers like mcr
    or merville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

i not 100% but i think you can rent out the hall at st'johns N.S., i have no idea how much it would cost though, i thought it was a pretty big hall but the last time i was there was 12 years ago when i was alot smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

How about the indoor hall at the tennis club,its quite popular with groups coming sown to play a game for the craic.
    Give them a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Sweet Cheeks

join the Night Owls league and give your kick around some purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

the tennis club or if your willing to go futher afield there is a place in Carney called Oxfield (i think).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Manic Marvin

join the Night Owls league and give your kick around some purpose.

Cheers for the options, more on the night owls league tho, sounds interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Indoor , Sports Complex, St John NS, Tennis Club, Teeling Centre Cooloney, Merville Community Crentre, IT Sligo.

Outdoor
    Astro, Showgrounds or Sports Complex. You can use the pitches up past St Marys in Kevinsfort, Also there is a gravel pitch not far past the showgrounds up the road past the post office ( i am sure someone will know the proper address)

joining the astro league is expensive a Kit will set you back up near 800 and entry fee is not far off that also. There is the 5 a side racket going on every sunday in the Showgrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

bennyc wrote: »
    Also there is a gravel pitch not far past the showgrounds up the road past the post office ( i am sure someone will know the proper address)

Up the top of Maugheraboy

Advertisement