Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zonealarm Expert Rules Help

Options
  • 15-02-2009 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi alll,

Im stuck and need some help. Im just dipping my toe into networking etc so im still a bit clueless and i need some help.

I am using tightvnc to connect to a mates pc and ive created static Ip and forward ports 5800 and 5900 to my static IP. All is working fine and i can connect to him.

The problem is i want to block all access to the opened ports except from his IP address. Ive setup DYNDNS so i always know what his IP is.

I tried to create an expert rule in Firewall/expert rule which allowed access from his host/site and opens ports 5800 5900 in the internet zone. Then the second rule blocks all access to 5800 and 5900 in the internet zone which in theory should prevent anybody else using these ports.

Problem is tightvnc connects everytime and if i only create firewall/expert rule to block ports 5800 and 5900 tightvnc still connects.

Its like zonealarm is not there..

any help would be much appreciated

Advertisement