Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poly tunnels£

Options
  • 15-02-2009 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm wondering where in Eire i can get a resonably priced poly-tunnel. Looking for one which is about 10ft by 20ft. If anyone can guide me i would appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

have a look on buyandsell.ie and just type it into google and get the names of places and start ringing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

There is a supplier in Westmeath or Offaly, normally advertises in Garden Mags.

At that size it maybe worth looking for prices North of border as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

http://www.highbankonline.com/budget.html

Seems average prices.

or

http://www.hosfordsgardencentre.ie/polytunnel.html

http://polydome.ie/products.php?maincatid=1&catid=1&subcatid=1

They have gone up a lot since we had ours long ago.

Too windy where we are now....

Wonderful things though... The years of sweetcorn and grapes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jimmy Fahy

I used Morris tunnels in Tyrone, 535 euros for 14ftx30, includes plastic, vat & dor frames, waiting for it to arrive this week. /this was the best deal I could find. Best of luck.

Jimmy

• Advertisement

jimmy Fahy wrote: »
    I used Morris tunnels in Tyrone, 535 euros for 14ftx30, includes plastic, vat & dor frames, waiting for it to arrive this week. /this was the best deal I could find. Best of luck.

Jimmy

Are they erecting it Jimmy for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

Hi blacky33,
    I am looking for a tunnel the same size, did you ever manage to source one? Have tried several searches, and asked in various places but many of them seem to track back to the UK, and I would assume delivery would be a killer although their prices do seem much better than those sourced in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

irish garden mags and golden pages , best bets

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dublin2galway

I just bought one last week from firsttunnels.co.uk

Can't say until it arrives, but going by pics is more stable than a lot available in Ireland. I'd prefer to buy Irish but the prices are far better from there. Delivery is coming out at about 12% extra.

It will be about 2 weeks before it arrives so can let you know then how good/bad it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I just bought one last week from firsttunnels.co.uk

Can't say until it arrives, but going by pics is more stable than a lot available in Ireland. I'd prefer to buy Irish but the prices are far better from there. Delivery is coming out at about 12% extra.

It will be about 2 weeks before it arrives so can let you know then how good/bad it actually is.

How did you get one with firsttunnelsdirect?

I'm thinking of buying a tunnel from them. a 12' x 20'. Coming in at £850 with all the extras for an exposed site. No word back from them on delivery.

What size did you get, and how much for delivery?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Qwerty? wrote: »
    How did you get one with firsttunnelsdirect?

I'm thinking of buying a tunnel from them. a 12' x 20'. Coming in at £850 with all the extras for an exposed site. No word back from them on delivery.

What size did you get, and how much for delivery?

Thanks

Sorry - not sure what the first question is...placed an order on firsttunnels.co.uk, and instead of paying selected to be phoned back. Got the delivery price (73 sterling I think it was - size 15ft * 8ft) and payed over the phone. Still waiting for delivery, but heard from someone on here that their products are very good (and really hoping they are myself too!). Will let you know how I get on..

Hi,

I set about pricing up today for one - and to do it DIY, It'll be costing me €160ish.
    DIY is the way to go and a doddle too.

I saw this before and seemed helpful for the DIY type: http://www.overthegardengate.net/UserPages/pp_view.asp?FName=Polytunnel&Page=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 lamba

warren polytunnels just outside trim in co. meath are very good. i got one there about 5 years ago and will be ordering a second one soon. i can't remember the exact price (we got it delivered and erected it ourselves) but i know we saved a fair amount by putting it up ourselvesand it was an easy enough job to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NatureGirl

I bought one just over a year ago from Polydome, (www.polydome.ie) and I can't emphasise its strength enough, its amazing and rock solid.
    Now my site is a wee bit sheltered, but not 100%. And the tunnel is 5m X 10m with straight sides, so will easily catch any wind going !
    By the way mine was about €1300 with the flooring, brasing bars, fancy doors et al. It was the strongest build I could find, for a half way decent price. I found cheaper ones, but the tubing was thinner, less hoops and less brasing bars.
    Its still as good as new :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭medicman

hi there, try
    [FONT=georgia,palatino]CumminsPolytunnels.com.[/FONT]

very good and free delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 goodmixer

I got mine at www.highbank.ie
    (http://www.highbank.ie/hobby/detail/5m_17ft_wide_tunnel/)

Great service and great quality. You need to look at the quality of the cladding also. These tunnels have a 6 season guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I attended a 1 day workshop on how to build your own polytunnel (5.2m x 3.2m) for under €250 2 weeks ago. It is far easier to do than I thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Heres one I'm making,its very simple to do.I bought my plastic from first tunnels in the uk.Very well packaged and alot cheaper than I could find anywhere in Ireland.

The tubing cost €40,plastic€120, batterns and door frames(not shown in this pic) €35,few screws I had laying around,a 6mx3m polytunnel,2 days full work(for one) for less than €200:)

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

If you are anyway handy at all, DIY is the way to go. Lots of plans available for similar designs. Some have already been mentioned but heres more.

http://www.gardenplansireland.com/forum/about2242.html

Alan Parkins one plus Photos

Slightly different approach.
    This, this, this and finally this.

This one is brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

We bought ours during the week from www.gardenpolytunnels.ie they are based in clonmel, found them to be cheaper than most around.

Got a 15 by 20 plus doors for €600

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ballymac676

Hi just browsing for information on polytunnels and saw your reply. I was also looking at polytunnesl from garden polytunnels. They are advertising on donedeal at the moment and their prices seem to be one of the best around. Would you mind letting me know what you think of it and how it stood up to the awful winter we had. Indeed any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

Our tunnel stood up to the weather, we've had no problems with it and our place would be fairly open. Would def recommend them.

any other questions just ask :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

fitzcoff wrote: »
    Got a 15 by 20 plus doors for €600
    did the quote include erection, or did you do that yourself?

Thanks for your reply. One other question. I am unsure what size to get. You say yours is 15 x 20. I would imagine that this would be big enough for most peoples gardening needs? :)

did the quote include erection, or did you do that yourself?

No we had to put it up ourselves, with plenty of help for the covering!!

last year was our first year growing and we had spring onions, tomatoes, peppers, courgettes, lettuce and a few heads of cabbage and cauliflower in ours. There was plenty of room in it.

We are still trying to decide what to set this year.

We have it set out with two beds on either side and a long bed down the middle, found this worked best for us. I can try and dig :) out a photo of our layout and stuff growing if you like

Hi great informatin here from you thanks. If it is not too much trouble I would love to see a pic of your layout. I am undecided between a 20ft long or the next size so would be good to see how the 20' looks in the growing season:)

I've tried to attach a few photos there, not sure how it'll work. If they do they might give you some idea of how it looked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Hi Fitzcoff what growing in the final photo,the tunnel looks fab;)

Advertisement