Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poly tunnels£

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Thanks moonshadow

there were cherry tomatoes to the front with cucumber and courgettes behind it. We bought the cucumber and courgette plants in Lidl and the cucumber plants were of the outdoor variety which meant that they needed to be supported to grow upwards, hence all the twine.

On the right hand side we had cabbages and cauliflowers growing. Near the top right there were a few spring onions, the cauliflower is next to those

Don't think you can see on the photo but we had lettuce and a few pepper plants on the left hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ballymac676

The photos are really clear and give a good idea of size etc. I like the middle lane being used for growing. Hadn't thought of that. Also have you put 'lagging foam' (don't know the proper word) around your tubes? Or is this the way they came to you. I now have a very good price from Morris Polytunnels (Omagh) with much cheaper delivery options so I will have to make a decision soon. Thanks for all the information here.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

No we bought the pipe lagging ourselves, someone said it was a good idea because in the heat the steel could stick to the plastic so the pipe lagging helps to prevent this, so for the sake of a few euro we said we'd try it.

The middle lane is a good idea because you have better access to the whole tunnel, it meant that we were able to reach right into the plastic for weeding as the side plots were small enough.

We are hoping this year to source a few paving slabs and lay them out on the pathway, making it cleaner.

Anything else just shout, all in the same boat of learning;)

Advertisement