Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New eircom bill layout

Options
  • 15-02-2009 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭

Got my latest eircom bill and for the first time they break down all the charges for phone and broadband seperatly. I am confused and it may be due to a half bottle of wine but the figures do not add up.

Eircom talktime anytime + 3Mb broadband on the website is 55 per month. I assume that includes VAT. If not then VAT at 21.5% is 66.83 per month.

My bill has:

phone package at 41.16 inc VAT or 33.88 excl VAT per month

broadband at 30.11 incl VAT or 24.79 excl VAT per month

There is a discount of 16.52 per 2 month period excl VAT or 19.99 incl VAT for the bundle package

Now for the hard part:

Price incl VAT is 41.16 + 30.11 - 10 = 61.27 per month incl VAT

Price excl VAT is 33.88 + 24.79 - 8.26 = 50.41 per month exl VAT

Where in gods name does the 55 per month figure quoted come from. I was pretty sure that quotes for services generally included the VAT price. Is it mis-selling on eircoms part ?

Or is this just the wine talking ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

And what amount are they actually showing as payable?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

my 7mb friends 61euro bill came in at 78.37euro, made no phone calls.

i was charged PART PERIOD 05 Jan 09 to 18 Jan 09 € 14.30 for BB
    but it wasn't working till the 13th.

Advertisement