Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Day The Celebrities Came To Town

• 15-02-2009 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭

Our local GAA club was chosen to take part in this year's Celebrity Banisteoir competition and after quit an amount of hype and excitement yesterday was the day of the big match.

I was there taking a few shots for the club website, a bit out of my comfort zone really, talking pics of random strangers is not really my thing, and I didn't find it easier with the locals. My gear wouldn't be the highest rated for sports but I hope i caught a flavour of the occasion.

3281318196_bbcfacc830.jpg

3280499637_a83723a066.jpg

3281406468_8536be0161.jpg

3280665019_e773a8827b.jpg

3281581606_0cb7b19f2f.jpg

3281743700_6f6503328b.jpg

3281752162_c0913759e4.jpg

I have to say I would have been very sceptical of the whole concept, but having seen the effect it had on the town, club and especially the youngsters, I'd now be very positive.

And it was a fantastic game, close and hard fought all the way with the result in doubt right up to the end of extra time, even though there was nothing at stake but pride of place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

Great Stuff.
    The action photos are class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Terrific stuff.

Sports doesn't have to be about big expensive lenses or indeed about the "normal" shot.

I love number four, which breaks all the so called rules, especially having the ball in the shot. The sense of suspense far outweighs that imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Great stuff indeed. The photos really capture what you are saying about the tension and atmosphere. A photo essay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

You certainly captured the occasion. Great for lads from so called smaller clubs to have a big day out and get some of the limelight. While I am competitive to be honest at local level it is all about the parish and in these times can give the whole community a lift.. Who was playing or who won?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

Thanks for the kind words folks, I thought what I was trying to do worked reasonably well, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

The match was between Rathangan, Co. Kildare and Glasdrumman, Co. Down, it wasn't our day so best of luck to the Glasdrumman boys.

It'll be on your screens end of March/early April.

• Advertisement
Advertisement