Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's National Angling Show 2009

Options
  • 15-02-2009 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Ive been going to this show for the last five years and unfortunetly i couldnt get there this year..Did anyone attend this weekend,if so was there anything interesting,,bargains etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I made it along for a while yesterday. There was some good casting demos, single and double handed fly casting. A some interesting talks as well.

Bargains were hit and miss, one stall had flies 12 for €3.50 or 36 for €10, another had flies for €2 or €3 each. There was some good prices on rods, especially some great deals on ex-demo/display rods and some bundles, but equally there was some not so good deals. There was a huge range for coarse and sea anglers, lots of lines/hooks/weights/floats etc, again a bit of a range in the prices. Apart from the ex-demo/display stuff there wasn't really many bargains you couldn't beat on the net if you looked, but it's nice to have it all there in front of you too.

All in, it was worth the trip out and the tenner in, the talks and demos were interesting enough, although while the demo guys were very good, the area wasn't laid out too well and it was hard to get a good spot to watch. I picked up enough flies to last me several decades, unless my casting doesn't get any better, in which case I'll be back again next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

Good stuff,,was Bob Moss there this year by any chance?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I don't think so, but I could easily have missed him, and I'm not very good with names :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Story Man

I missed it!

Wanted to go there too.....maybe next time

SM

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

stevenmu wrote: »
    There was some good casting demos, single and double handed fly casting.

I picked up enough flies to last me several decades, unless my casting doesn't get any better, in which case I'll be back again next year :)

You obviously weren't paying attention at the demos :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Story Man

Anyone hear who is doing the angling demos at the Ballinlough Castle game fair?

SM

Advertisement