Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hi all, heres some from today for C&C

• 15-02-2009 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

3281915699_0e837e73fb.jpg
    2. not sure about this one at all
    3282722802_e09bbfd284.jpg

3281901267_1d818c0283.jpg

3281900783_55cedb8f74.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I like the 1st one the best but to seek perfection, i'm not sure about the large shadow at the bottom right of the pic.
    2nd one... hmm... can't really say. Its a bit one of those hit or miss pics. I like the grey background. But composition wise, its quite a challenging pic...
    3rd one, Its ok, but the bottom right window is cut off so that sorta spoils the pic a bit i'ld say.
    4th one is pretty good overall i think...

So good work!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

1st 3rd 4th are good, second one is like the camera slipped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

I quite like the 2nd one. The B&W processing makes it work.

#1 is my favouite.
    #3 and #4 dont do much for me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

Thanks, it is amazing what you don't see when looking at your own images.
    Number 1 had a branch sticking out of the top right in the original, which I cropped out but never noticed the Shadow. 2 is nearly a 75% crop from the original and not sure why I liked it.

I must remember to stop firing off shots and take more time with composition:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭al_

Its the no.1 lesson in composition, take time to look around the viewfinder while taking the image.

nice start to your work though.

al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭La La

2: far too much negative space. you could easily crop a chunk from the top without losing the essence of what you're trying to achieve here.

3: the sky is overexposed. i'm guessing it was shot in colour and converted to b+w? bracket a bit more in future so that you exhaust yourself of all exposure options - when you go to choose a pic from the bunch, the likelihhood is that there will be one that gives the sky a bit more depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

3283800857_fc60740faa_o.jpg

Apologies.

Done in a rush, but it was the first thing I though of when I saw the photograph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

charybdis wrote: »
    3283800857_fc60740faa_o.jpg

Apologies.

Done in a rush, but it was the first thing I though of when I saw the photograph.

Actually that was pretty well done.
    I knew that picture could be good for something... just couldn't figure out what... Then you posted this and i got it.
    Its an excellent picture for a book cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

Very Good....I like it too:)

Advertisement