Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some help for a scrub?

Options
  • 15-02-2009 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Ok, let me start by warning you - I have very little artistic capability in my body, think my sister got that side of the genes! :D I want to design a t-shirt and I had a concept in mind...Pretty simple I thought. Gave it a bash myself using Paint Shop Pro X. Not quite what I hoped for (although now I'm starting to wonder what I was going for! Eek!)

The background - I am one of the owners of a "local competitive gaming site with a global view". Wanted to make Ireland stand out and liked the effect that was used in this logo (on the map). Used this image, greyscaled it, painted over the parts of the world that were "coming through" and then used the negative image.

Had hoped to do something like a ripple / pulse effect that would represent activity coming from Ireland and spreading around the world...but I have already lost myself by now :S Also, wanted to feature the tag line I quoted above but am unsure of where / how it should look. Am open to suggestions.

So any ideas / suggestions where I could go from my very unsteady base?! And sorry for asking...I like peeking in here although it makes me jealous because there's clearly some talented folk about!

🤪

Advertisement