Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot water option not working on boiler control panel

Options
  • 15-02-2009 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Sorry if this has been brought up before but i found noting useful after a lot of searching.

I have been living in Charlesland for two weeks now so I'm a newbie with the equipment.

I have the control panel with two options on my boiler. One for heating the house and one for heating water.

When i select the hot water option noting happens and i get no hot water.

Is there something i am missing? I have never seen a system like this so i have no idea how it is supposed to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Damo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Is your wall stat turned up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Is your wall stat turned up?

No its at its lowest point. The stat up in the hot press is up to the highest. I just found a copper probe in the hot press linked by a thin silver metal cable to the stat. Is that not meant to be in the hot water cylinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

nope - its on the outside on my one too, it is in contact with the outside of the cylinder.

what make of boiler do you have?

Its a Vokrea.

I have just noticed that there is a white box which i think is an automatic valve opener/closer. I well take a photo and post it then maybe people can see if that's my problem.

I have poster image below.

I am thinking that that white box is supposed to be attached to that valve beside it.

Well i am hoping its as simple as that!

IMG_0552-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Does your boiler come on, if not
    turn up the wall stat as a first option. Do that now please

Boiler makes no attempt to start when i select hot water. Stat turned up to highest.

Advertisement