Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tips on making a room brighter

• 15-02-2009 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hi all.

I have just moved into a new place (which I love) but the living room has a small enough window making it quite dark during the day. I have used bright colours (red/green/cream) to make it appear brighter but am wondering if there is any other tips (other than lights!) to make it less dark. I was thinking of putting up a mirror opposite the window to reflect the light - would this be a good idea? Would welcome any thoughts...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

have you considered painting it a brighter color ? or are you allowed (renting?)
    mirrors would be good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭laurak265

I think light coloured walls, flooring and furniture is a help. Mirror is a good idea and maybe some candles instead of lights??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

heya, yep definitely put the mirror opposite the window as it should help reflect the light. and for the evening if you put a series of candles or nightlights in front of the mirror it will reflect and make the room seem more spacious so the mirror is a great idea for day or night. you could also paint the room in a light reflectng paint like the dulux ones - http://www.dulux.ie/products/info/dulux_light_and_space.jsp - that should help also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Great, thanks for all the tips. Its a rented place but I know that the landlord wants to repaint it so I will definately show him those dulux paints. I think I will also invest in a nice mirror <runs to ikea> :)

Advertisement