Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you like best about living in D15?

Options
  • 15-02-2009 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭

For me it's being within walking distance of a restaurant and a theatre (Draiocht).

It's great to be able to have a good night out without having to go in to town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Around the corner from a 24/7 Tesco is the best thing.
    When I was younger, going to Xaviers and Coolmine were only a couple of minutes of a walk too.
    And then there's the centre, rarely I need to go into town for anything. It just needs a music shop, since Monster Music seems to have disappeared, and a decent internet cafe.

I think a lot of people take it for granted that we're serviced by buses and trains. Good stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Probably for me, its location - I'm surrounded by fields, with plenty of trees, the Tolka, and lots of wildlife. Yet, I'm only a couple of minutes from both bus and rail, near the M50 if I want to drive anywhere, and Blanchardstown Centre means I rarely have to go into town to shop.

I also have good neighbours, a huge bonus no matter where you live!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

I love the estate we are in Its,so quite,and our neighbours are all lovely.I love the fact that Blanch centre/cinema is only 10 mins drive from our house,Its so handy cant rem the last time,I was in town.We are also in walking distance of Ongar village now,thanks to newly built walkways at the back of our estate,very handy indeed.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

St.Peregrines GAA club

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Carroller wrote: »
    St.Peregrines GAA club

And the fact that the club house is less than 5 minutes from my house :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

I love the fact that we have the option to go to town or stay local, we have a decent bus and rail service bus stops on every main street and there are what 3 rail stations (castleknock, coolmine, clonsilla) where trains are regular enough, the night link also comes back through so there is no limit on the time you can stay in town. The shopping centre is so close and has nearly every thing (needs a music store) we have a theatre forr the good old talent shows xD and theres a library and everything, theres gyms ,sports facilities loads of restaraunts and "the plex" there is alo loads of greens and stuff so you can nearly always do something, altho if you have no money good luck to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

And the fact that the club house is less than 5 minutes from my house :D

1 minute from mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Salome

The Thai Garden - heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

That I will be able to walk to and home from the D15 beers tomorrow night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

All of the above. ... ..

Also its far enough away from my mothers house without being too far either. Certainly cant see myself ending my days here. Main thing is its where my DH lives ... !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

The sound of the Garda helicopter at night, the vandalism, the hordes of hoodies prowling the estate. What's not to love?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Carroller wrote: »
    1 minute from mine

49 secs from mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Being so near the Phoenix Park.

The train - I live right beside Clonsilla Train station.

The Towncentre - Great shops, good variety of placecs to eat, the cinema. I love the free parking as compared to Dundrum SC where you hav to pay.

The library.

D15's proximity to everything. Very near town, yet there are fields around me, feels like living in the country. Near to Lucan/Liffey Valley if what you want is not in Blanch.

The canal - nice walking along it.

The Liffey - I'm starting a canoeing course down by the Strawwberry Beds in June

:)

amdublin wrote: »
    Being so near the Phoenix Park.

The train - I live right beside Clonsilla Train station.

Hah, that must be a 90 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

cymro wrote: »
    49 secs from mine :D

Looks like we'll have to have a race. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

To be honest ? Not much. Its got a horrible 'suburby' feel to it. Unless you live right next to one of the train stations (which I dont) its very difficult to get anywhere via public transport. Bus into town takes an hour and is full of degenerates. Very few nice pubs. Lots of litter. I could go on...

The shopping center is very handy, but I dislike shopping centers in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Tesco 24/7 - I hope they don't start closing with all this recession bo**ix :pac: I'm only around the corner from it.

Shopping center is dead handy never have to head into town.

Loads of take-aways whether that is good or bad I don't know:eek:

Tusky wrote: »
    Its got a horrible 'suburby' feel to it.

Haha, what? Is it because it is a suburb?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Did I mention the library aready??? Maybe I did but hey, it deserves another mention.

I spent a lovely hour up there this evening. It's great. Not just books, loads of cds, dvds............AND a great collection of prints! I've borrowed a fab large picture which is going to look great up on my kitchen wall.

It's a brilliant facility to have near us I think.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Tusky wrote: »
    To be honest ? Not much. Its got a horrible 'suburby' feel to it. Unless you live right next to one of the train stations (which I dont) its very difficult to get anywhere via public transport. Bus into town takes an hour and is full of degenerates. Very few nice pubs. Lots of litter. I could go on...

The shopping center is very handy, but I dislike shopping centers in general.

I agree, commuting from D. 15 to D.1 and D.2 everyday is tough going if you're not near a train station. D.1 + D.2 = D.3, where I hope to be :D

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 328 Verified rep BlanchLibrary

amdublin wrote: »
    Did I mention the library aready??? Maybe I did but hey, it deserves another mention.

I spent a lovely hour up there this evening. It's great. Not just books, loads of cds, dvds............AND a great collection of prints! I've borrowed a fab large picture which is going to look great up on my kitchen wall.

It's a brilliant facility to have near us I think.....

It's great to hear all the positive remarks about the Library!

Anyone who wishes to join the Library should bring a utility bill with their name & address on it when they visit the Library.

Please also note that we are open Mon-Thurs 10am-8.30pm & Fri-Sat 10am-5pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Only problem with the libray is its impossible to get to at peak as its in the middle of the center and grid lock. They should have located it outside of the center. Didn't realise you open late Mon~Weds aswell as Thursday. Great facility though.

Have a nice walk or cycle instead of driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

What to like about Dublin 15.

I never really noticed how close both primary and secondary schools were, before I had to commute to UCD for college :pac:
    Tesco only a walk away, can pop down whenever with ease :D
    Tennis Courts down by Superquinn.
    Blanchardstown Library - they've gotten some amazing graphic novels in recently, was well happy with that :D Might visit them today.
    The Plex was great when I was younger, I found it more fun to be on that dance mat than drinking in a field :P I say the new playground and skate park keeps alot of younger folk happy. The walkway through the Millenium Park is good walk.
    Can get either a train or a bus and the buses are, in fairness, alot better than some I've been on going in different directions.
    Draiocht. Seen some fun plays there. Nice having the UCI cinema, in case you don't want to go into the city.
    I suppose the Centre is handy too!! :p:pac:

Advertisement