Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death of the Beamish Bottle

Options
  • 15-02-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Anyone else hear that pint bottles of Beamish are gone out of production??? Was in the Spalpin Fanach the other night. There is no pub closer to the Beamish brewery than it:D and the bar man told me to enjoy that bottle because there wont be anymore!.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Well the brewery will be closing forever in a couple of weeks, so it's quite likely they'll stop doing any of the niche products once they move production to the Heineken plant.

I don't think I've ever seen a bottle of Beamish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have never seeon one myself, nor have i seen a bottle of Murphys for that matter come to think of it.

Saruman wrote: »
    nor have i seen a bottle of Murphys for that matter come to think of it.
    I saw one today: dusty, on a high display shelf in the Bull & Castle. So you don't remember the seven samuai teaching us how to drink our Murphy's by the neck?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Seven Samurai? No... wait... just googled it Interesting :D

The original series of ads were live action black and white. They don't seem to have been preserved for digital posterity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Beamish by the bottle was very nice, but it was a very rare best in Dublin pity

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

Praying it's not the end of Beamish in the bottle. I haven't even tried it yet, but I love Guinness in the bottle. Just gotta try it before I die.

Advertisement