Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MWC 2009 coverage

• 15-02-2009 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

I'll be following these guys - Steve Litchfield's All About Symbian crew.

www.twitter.com/aas

SE have already announced plans for a head melting 12 MP camera in their next flagship phone. When we'll see it is another matter :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Yeah, and I kinda like the w995 as well...at least on 'paper'! 8mp cam in a walkman phone with, tataaa, a 3.5 headphone socket!!!

But best phone news today: Picsel sue Apple over patent infringement, and having read 25 articles now, it seems the Glasgow guys have a serious case! Hahahahaha!
    Oops,
    Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

strecker wrote: »
    But best phone news today: Picsel sue Apple over patent infringement, and having read 25 articles now, it seems the Glasgow guys have a serious case! Hahahahaha!
    Oops,
    Sorry

if this means no more gimmicky touchscreen slab phones with childish-looking interfaces i'm all for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Yeah, and I kinda like the w995 as well...at least on 'paper'! 8mp cam in a walkman phone with, tataaa, a 3.5 headphone socket!!!

Oops,
    Sorry

Strecker, did Steve Jobs run over your dog or something? :D
    You REALLY hate the poor jesus phone. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

mkennedy wrote: »
    Strecker, did Steve Jobs run over your dog or something? :D
    You REALLY hate the poor jesus phone. :)

Hahaha
    Nah, I'm just not very religious, and the fruit cult is worse than jehova's witnesses...at least they only spam at your front door. And they respect a firm 'f*ck off'! :)

But seriously:
    They, Apple, and their hardcore fans can be very bully-ish, so I enjoy a bit of David v Goliath!
    But I appreciate the goodness in the iPhone! And I appreciate that it has raised the bar for all makers; has improved the networks' attitude towards mobile data users etc etc...it's not all bad! It's just not the alpha and omega of all things mobile/IT!!!
    Imho, of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Oops,
    Sorry

How do you like them apples, Apple!

They can "rot" in hell.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,471 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

long_b wrote: »
    SE have already announced plans for a head melting 12 MP camera in their next flagship phone. When we'll see it is another matter :)
    Squeezing more and more pixels into a mobile phone camera is a classic case of diminishing returns - as the sensors get closer and closer together they induce electronic noise which degrades the picture quality. This is a case of 'less is more', don't kid yourself that 12Mp will deliver good pictures in a mobile phone camera, it won't.

Advertisement