Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UV Tattoos

• 15-02-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I have no tattoos at all.
    But I would really like a UV one. I cant really get a normal one (work etc)

I no nothing aout them though. are they safe?
    more expensive?

is there anywhere in dublin that will do them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Sweenox

Was just reading about them,sounds like the uv ink can iritate the skin but that might not happen everyone.Never knew anyone that got one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_tattoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Sweenox wrote: »
    Was just reading about them,sounds like the uv ink can iritate the skin but that might not happen everyone.Never knew anyone that got one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_tattoo

Yeah I had a read of the wiki section too. not a whole load of info.

I've heard the Ink can become cancerous? but how do they know that? UV Tats haven't been around for that long have they?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Sweenox

Dont think they have been around too long,not much info anywhere about them,maybe call a studio and ask one of the artists about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

ive heard that because they are new types of tattoos no real research had been done into the damage (or lack of...) that they do in the long run

i love the idea of them...but my health comes first. im gonna wait a while and see what happens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I know someone that had some done, and they looked well.

Not all artists will agree to use the UV inks because they are pretty much unproven as regards long term effects.

If you find an artist that will, you'll probably still have to get the inks yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

I researched this a lot before, as i wanted a uv glow surround a tattoo.

There are several UV inks, Some have not been tested some have. Some are used in the tattoo of animals for identification purposes, and although not certified for human use have been certified as safe.

You can have a reaction to the ink, Just like you can have a reaction to normal tattoo ink.

Britain and Ireland are a bit behind america in this.

If you use the right ink, you should be fine, youll have to research yourself which ones are safer than the others, and then try find a tattoo artist willing to use it. Not an easy task.

edit - they aint that new, they have been around for a few years now, I researched it about 2 - 3 years ago maybe, and even then there was tons of people with work done in it.

Advertisement