Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pixmania.ie Samsung 32" TV €369

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

briman1983 wrote: »
    Looks like a good deal for anyone looking to buy a tv

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1084476/art/samsung/le32a456-lcd-television.html

The digital tuner is mpeg2 and not compatable with Irish DTT standards, but it is a good price, komplett have it for € 657.03.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

The digital tuner is mpeg2 and not compatable with Irish DTT standards, but it is a good price, komplett have it for € 657.03.

Will this work with sky ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

BrendanD wrote: »
    Will this work with sky ?

yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

wrote: »
    yup
    Thanks fl4pj4ck just ordered 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Isn't there only one set of Panasonic TVs that are MPEG4/Irish DTT compatible? So not really a major flaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Saw a Sony Bravia 32" in Tesco Mullingar last night for €449 was in a rush so didn't get to check the number, knowing Tescos it's probably ancient but might be worth a look if someone prefers bricks & mortar.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am pretty sure I saw the exact same Samsung telly (well, according to my iPhone - it was the Samsung LE32A456C) in the original post in my local Currys on Saturday afternoon for the exact same price!

Was tempted to buy it but it was on the menu screen of the DVD 'Fly Away Home' so hit play and skipped a few scenes ahead.

Absolutely horrible video quality on it... cannot stress how poor it was. The brightness / contrast may not have been quite right.. that's what I'd hope anyways. Colours appears saturated and it looked extremely pixellated. Can see why it was being sold cheap.

They were selling the Series 6 Samsung 40" for €999 - they look absolutely stunning though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

basquille wrote: »
    Am pretty sure I saw the exact same Samsung telly (well, according to my iPhone - it was the Samsung LE32A456C) in the original post in my local Currys on Saturday afternoon for the exact same price!

Was tempted to buy it but it was on the menu screen of the DVD 'Fly Away Home' so hit play and skipped a few scenes ahead.

Absolutely horrible video quality on it... cannot stress how poor it was. The brightness / contrast may not have been quite right.. that's what I'd hope anyways. Colours appears saturated and it looked extremely pixellated. Can see why it was being sold cheap.

They were selling the Series 6 Samsung 40" for €999 - they look absolutely stunning though!

It probably was around 369e. I imagine Samsung are getting ready to launch its 2009 range so its 2008 range will be sold off cheap. I'm amazed you found the video quality so poor though. I always thought samsungs had excellent PQ. They use the same panels as sony, and they are the best lcd panels out there at the moment. Maybe it was those horrible demo settings they would have had it on. I'm guessing it would have been on max contrast and brightness which would explain a lot.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    It probably was around 369e. I imagine Samsung are getting ready to launch its 2009 range so its 2008 range will be sold off cheap. I'm amazed you found the video quality so poor though. I always thought samsungs had excellent PQ. They use the same panels as sony, and they are the best lcd panels out there at the moment. Maybe it was those horrible demo settings they would have had it on. I'm guessing it would have been on max contrast and brightness which would explain a lot.
    Quite possibly.. but it really did look horrendous!

Even my girlfriend who never notices video settings / imperfections said outright it looked horrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

From those in the know, is this exceptional value, worth hopping on or will I see deals like this all the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭guessaname

Does it has a PC input? Tech. spec of this tele on pixmania shows there is no PC input. can somebody plz confirm?

guessaname wrote: »
    Does it has a PC input? Tech. spec of this tele on pixmania shows there is no PC input. can somebody plz confirm?
    Yes, it has a VGA input.
    1 x VGA input ( 15 PIN HD D-Sub (HD-15) ) - rear

Its official spec can be seen here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

I got a 32" Sharp from Richersounds a few weeks back for the same price delivered. While I haven't seen the Sammy, the Sharp would be considered to be a superior TV.

Well, OK, I consider the Sharp to be a superior TV :D

podge3 wrote: »
    I got a 32" Sharp from Richersounds a few weeks back for the same price delivered. While I haven't seen the Sammy, the Sharp would be considered to be a superior TV.

Well, OK, I consider the Sharp to be a superior TV :D
    Indeed - I paid €999 a year and a half ago for a 37" 1080P Sharp Aquos and I've yet to see a 37" rival it. Amazing for HD material.

What's the 32" Sharp you got from RicherSounds? Been looking for a 32" to replace my 22" CRT in my room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I got a 32" Sharp Aquos Full HD 1080p from Currys (Newry).

Very good tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

Hi,
    In the complete ignorance of moi who doesnt have a clue about the technical side of things, does this mean that it wont work here? and also what should i look for if i was buying one up to newry to make sure it worked here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

mel123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    In the complete ignorance of moi who doesnt have a clue about the technical side of things, does this mean that it wont work here? and also what should i look for if i was buying one up to newry to make sure it worked here?

It will work here fine, it just won`t be able to pick up Irish terrestrial digital tv signals on its own. you will need a seperate set-top box to get that in the future (if required).

It will be perfect for anything else. Sky, ntl/chorus and normal analogue rte/tv3 signals.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

It will work here, but the same as 99% of the population, you will need a set-top box when Irish version of "Freeview" is formally launched; the Powers That Be have decided to go with a different system to the UK.

That's only a concern if you want to use an aerial - if you use NTL, Sky etc it's a non issue.

EDIT: Shulgin, great minds think alike! Almost word for word!

What's the 32" Sharp you got from RicherSounds? Been looking for a 32" to replace my 22" CRT in my room.
    I got the LC32D44SE for €357, although the sterling rate has fallen back a bit now.

BTW, the Sharp LC46X8E is an absolutely fantastic TV - especially on full HD. I just got Baraka on Bluray and the pic quality is astounding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

As Basquille said, the Sharp 37" LCXD1E (previous thread here: http://www-srv-3.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055176621) is a great telly for both standard and high definition content. Alas, mine died after about 6 months and Currys were unable to repair it within their 35 day limit so I haggled my way up to a Series 6 Samsung 37" (A656) which I must admit equals the Sharp for the display of SD and HD. So anyone considering the 40" Series 6 for the same price now I very much recommend it.

The Series 6 is a great piece of kit alright... 40" for €999 in Curry's was great value.

Off-topic but how'd your Aquos die pauly3? I bought the 5 year extended warranty with mine.. it's about 15 months old now but still running well.

The Series 6 is a great piece of kit alright... 40" for €999 in Curry's was great value.

About a months ago, when euro was at its best against the pound, afaik, currys in the uk had the series 6 for 700£ at the time, which meant it could be landed down here for under 750£, now that was a bargain. 999e here, aint too bad i suppose(Considering how overcharged we usually are:rolleyes:). aiats still 100e more than it should be, though.

Got my 40" series 6 off Samsyerman in Belfast last month. Cost me 820e(750£ + 15£ delivery) delivered, not bad considerin it had to come down to cork! It really is an amazing telly for all content,be it SD or HD.

The Sharps are pretty good too. They would be the best other than Sony and Samsung. I guess i'm a bit biased, though:D

Zonda999 wrote: »
    The Sharps are pretty good too. They would be the best other than Sony and Samsung. I guess i'm a bit biased, though:D
    I reckon the Sharp is better than the Sammy, but then I'm biased also ;).

Can't argue about the Sony, though.

Advertisement