Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swollen Hands

Options
  • 16-02-2009 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Went surfing at the weekend (Inchydoney), and the water was absolutely freezing. When I came out, my hands were really feeling it. I never wear gloves surfing, I just feel out of control of a situation when my hands are covered, kind of a quirk of mine when surfing. Anyway, afterward, my hands swelled up big time. This has never happened before. They were like balloons for a day or two. Any ideas why?? This ever happen to anyone??

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i never wear gloves on me motorbike. Any time its freezing out they swell up.tis just the cold. Dunno why it does it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Something to do with water, sodium and electrolytes. Long story short, wear gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

yeah, get some gloves. they are not so bad after a while, start off with thin ones like 2mm or something.

seaney, road rash on the hands cant be fun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Man get yourself some gloves...find a good surf shop, Tubes, Incide, etc whereever go and try some on. Save yourself the pain. Some mate and myself went for a blast a week ago down in Clonea, one of my buddies had no gloves and no hood!! at first it was funny but very quickly it proved to mess up his day, I lent him my hood and by Zues I wished I hadn't! his paws were raw when we finally got out.

As to paddling without gloves thats fine in the Summertime, but we're still in the tailend of Winter, trust me when your out and looking for the next set your gloves will be the last thing on your mind.:D Get some gloves. Skins, Alder, Sola whatever is comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Griff77

Yea, get yourself some gloves and make sure you get tight fitting gloves that are comfortable. Try on a few different sizes and makes to get the best fit. Also when the gloves are good and tight they won't fill up with water and weigh a ton. You'll get used of them in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

lg123 wrote: »

seaney, road rash on the hands cant be fun!!!
    a sleeve off dont sound fun alright. Just dont like gloves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Griff77 wrote: »
    Yea, get yourself some gloves and make sure you get tight fitting gloves that are comfortable.
    iceage wrote: »
    Man get yourself some gloves...f
    lg123 wrote: »
    yeah, get some gloves.
    Tristram wrote: »
    Long story short, wear gloves.

Maybe I should get some gloves... :P :P

Ah no seriously, will do. I used wear them but did not like them one bit. Will try thin ones as suggested and see how it goes. I suppose not getting frostbite is a decent reason to get them...thanks all :D

Advertisement