Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo I.T RAG week

• 16-02-2009 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

I expect there to be a bit of mayhem on the streets around the mall and toffs/envy this week.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I was trying to get off work for this but couldn't. Meh, I'll still be out most nights. Should be fun. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Just back from toffs,it was wedged.I went to Shenanagains (spelling) and it was also packed,quite uncomfortable actually:(
    Outside Best's was mayhem,streets flogging with people,was fairly difficult getting a taxi:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Just back from toffs,it was wedged.I went to Shenanagains (spelling) and it was also packed,quite uncomfortable actually:(
    Outside Best's was mayhem,streets flogging with people,was fairly difficult getting a taxi:(

You sound 'old' :P Fecking students can have that effect on ya. I was even one myself many many moons ago......oh the craic:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

SANDER VAN DOORN in the clarence on Thursday will be class id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I was trying to get off work for this but couldn't. Meh, I'll still be out most nights. Should be fun. :)

you trying to avoid tentmaker

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Students will be students and have a laugh. Que a few wheeliebin skateboards......

Can't wait to see what the headlines in the Rag's will be next week

SHOCK HORROR, Students Drunk, and a chip bag was thrown on the street! Oh the agony.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

irish-stew wrote: »
    you trying to avoid tentmaker

:p

Don't you dare set bait out for that lunatic here!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

strongr wrote: »
    SANDER VAN DOORN in the clarence on Thursday will be class id say.

Is that a student only gig?

A bit of unce unce would be a nice change from the
    Drill&Base, Pots&Pans,
    1970's UK Punk/pop
    and/or
    1980's Washington Hardcore Rastafarian Punk (!!!)
    that the dole has driven me too

elshambo wrote: »
    Is that a student only gig?

dont think so :D

Pictures on the second page of the Champion is giving students and awful reputation.Fair enough the place looked like a war zone/dump but not all students are involved.
    The way they acted to the photo's been taken was a disgrace,you'd know none of them are from around the town so nobody knows who they are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There were a few students walking through the town on Tuesday afternoon and some of the staff from Penneys were hanging out of an upstairs window chucking water at them...and anyone else who happened to be walking by.

Ugh I hate RAG week,it's crazy around Feehily's corner.Massive congregation of drunken foolish students that literally jump out in front of you.

One girl got down on her hands and knee's and started crawling across the road and then her friends followed suite and did the same,took and age for them to get across the road:mad:

Clarence last night was unreal, svd is was class

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭tommmy

yeah but did anyone see coolio on monday night he came on prancing around on stage like he was god.2 other guys with him he played "ill see you when you get there" then gangsters paradise 3 times i mean what was that all about?

I also thought nikki hayes was to turn up but no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

tommmy wrote: »
    yeah but did anyone see coolio on monday night he came on prancing around on stage like he was god.2 other guys with him he played "ill see you when you get there" then gangsters paradise 3 times i mean what was that all about?

I also thought nikki hayes was to turn up but no.

No Fantastic Voyage?:eek:

Its not Coolio anymore its "Coolio off big brother"
    Id say most of the people there where just in for the big brother bit!?

Missed VAN DOORN :(

elshambo wrote: »
    Id say most of the people there where just in for the big brother bit!?

Nah id say gangsters paradise ;D

Pictures on the second page of the Champion is giving students and awful reputation.Fair enough the place looked like a war zone/dump but not all students are involved.
    The way they acted to the photo's been taken was a disgrace,you'd know none of them are from around the town so nobody knows who they are!

Any pics? In the absence of said picks what was the picture depicting?

Ugh I hate RAG week,it's crazy around Feehily's corner.Massive congregation of drunken foolish students that literally jump out in front of you.

What is it again that you do during the week when not at work again? (:P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭DenMan

Am a student myself now but am putting the drunken shenagigans behind me now (in public anyway :)). No mention of any trolley thrashing. Plenty of supermarkets around. Must have a different approach now.

tbh suudents will always have a ball during rag week in any uni or college in the country. Although the students union were not too happy as they emailed us all. Sligo town is very small and it's easy to see how it can fill up and get a bit messy during a week long party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭glezo

SHOCK HORROR, Students Drunk, and a chip bag was thrown on the street! Oh the agony......

ya rite and see what happened much more than drunk students etc, a young lad been stabbed....

glezo wrote: »

SHOCK HORROR, Students Drunk, and a chip bag was thrown on the street! Oh the agony......

ya rite and see what happened much more than drunk students etc, a young lad been stabbed....

Crikey i almost forgot,about that.That was my best friends ex-fella.She works with me and said he was alright though.He wasn't stabbed,he was bottled:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭glezo

Crikey i almost forgot,about that.That was my best friends ex-fella.She works with me and said he was alright though.He wasn't stabbed,he was bottled:eek:

glad to know hes alright
    stabbed/ bottled doent matter its crazy it happened
    a few will ruin it for rag week next year wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Not my Name

Wasn't it some Sligo locals who did the stabbing/glassing and not a student?

glad to know hes alright
    stabbed/ bottled doent matter its crazy it happened
    a few will ruin it for rag week next year wait and see

It does matter if the students of rag week are getting the blame. Someone getting bottled in town is not a result of students. My brother was bottled a few weeks ago and it wasn't students who did it.

I would safely say that it wasn't students that did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭esskay

I live near the estate where the pics were taken and tbh, bar the furntiure on the street, it looks like a dump for most of the academic year. I feel very sorry for any non-students living there.

Advertisement