Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressers in Dundalk

Options
  • 16-02-2009 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I saw the drog one and it reminded me of the post I wanted to do.

Can anyone sugest a good, reasonably priced hairdressers in dundalk.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

Bingles wrote: »
    I saw the drog one and it reminded me of the post I wanted to do.

Can anyone sugest a good, reasonably priced hairdressers in dundalk.

Combine a trip to Sainsbury's for food shopping with a hair do in Newry and you will save a fortune. My wifes hairdo costs E20 in Newry comp to E35 for the same thing in Dundalk combine with a food shop savings of around E50 its not to be sneezed at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

I actually agree with the above comment, such a saving up North! :D
    I posted a thread about this a while back and was recommended The Temple in Dundalk. It's on Chapel St or Church St, sorry can't rightly remember! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Its on Chapel Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sammyv

The Edge in Riverlane in very good, have been going to them for years. Nice staff and good atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Had a mop of hair and my mam insisted on getting it " styled " or shaved completley. I picked styled. Little place in seatown near mc manus's bar is quality. Cheap too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 DAMO@ARC

she learnt her trade with linda stewart,she runs a very good ship at at the turn down to seatown at the century bar corner accross from st.patricks cathedral.my wife goes there and has nothing but praise for all the girls working there.
    reasonably priced too,
    do u really want give ur money to the norties in newry eg-2 hrs in traffic jam,empty shelves in sainsbury,marketing to make u feel ur not spending the same amount u do in dundalk,u just end up buying more crap than u need,who needs the hassle.
    save jobs in the town -shop dundalk
    come on the town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CookieDoughIce

sammyv wrote: »
    The Edge in Riverlane in very good, have been going to them for years. Nice staff and good atmosphere.

How much would a cut and blow dry be in Edge?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

DAMO@ARC wrote: »
    she learnt her trade with linda stewart,she runs a very good ship at at the turn down to seatown at the century bar corner accross from st.patricks cathedral.my wife goes there and has nothing but praise for all the girls working there.
    reasonably priced too,
    do u really want give ur money to the norties in newry eg-2 hrs in traffic jam,empty shelves in sainsbury,marketing to make u feel ur not spending the same amount u do in dundalk,u just end up buying more crap than u need,who needs the hassle.
    save jobs in the town -shop dundalk
    come on the town

Yes! Yes! Totally agree. Tara is by far the best hairdresser I have ever found. Absolutely brilliant! And doesn't take the pi$$ with her prices either.

She is the only person who could cut my short hair well, unfortunately I'm in the UK now but I am seriously considering including a haircut there the next trip home.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

sudzs wrote: »
    Yes! Yes! Totally agree. Tara is by far the best hairdresser I have ever found. Absolutely brilliant! And doesn't take the pi$$ with her prices either.

She is the only person who could cut my short hair well, unfortunately I'm in the UK now but I am seriously considering including a haircut there the next trip home.

+1 million.

She's fantastic, I'd been to quite a few hairdressers in Dundalk and since I started going to her I haven't gone near anywhere else. Trust her 100%. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maggeemay

Yeah Have to add love Tara and all the girls..have never been unhappy with my hair since I started going to Tara - had some horrible hair days in the past

Keep up the good work Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

New shop Lucente opened in Dunleer, two great stylists no parking charges and some fine styles walking out the door.

These girls know what hairdressing is about, prices are very very keen.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭balliali

Has anyone the phone number for Temple Hairdressers in Dundalk. Need to book for a wedding, and want it done well
    Please and thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maggeemay

This is the phone no for The Temple

042 93 52790

You'll be pleased:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

The Hair shop in williamsons mall is a really classy place I hear a lot of women speak about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

The Hair shop in williamsons mall is a really classy place I hear a lot of women speak about.

By "classy" do you mean over priced?? :D

well I dont know their prices but apparantly they are very good at what they do.

53272372.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=16C0509B6F977E5CF9A39C60274178C7E30A760B0D811297

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jiggawigga

Seconded for The Hair Shop. Best Hairdressers in Dundalk. Catherine has been doing my wifes hair for the last few months. Shes tried out most of the salons around and swears by her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tippy

Deja vu in park street... there a new salon , there about a year i think... good prices, always doin deals and the staff are lovely.. very nice people , great hairdressers....i always leave happy!:D

well I dont know their prices but apparantly they are very good at what they do.

53272372.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=16C0509B6F977E5CF9A39C60274178C7E30A760B0D811297
    Yeh they are good...but very $$$$$ !:p
    There is a lot of great hairdressers for half the price!!!!

tippy wrote: »
    Yeh they are good...but very $$$$$ !:p
    There is a lot of great hairdressers for half the price!!!!

Well, then its a bit like the clothes shops isnt it? if you happen to be on the dole stay away from river island and shop in pennys, the only difference is the quality of the clothes are never the same.

Therefore if you want a good haircut and happen to be on the dole, and want a cheap haircut that'll just about get you past the bouncers in the wee house on anne street, then by all means pay Deja vu a visit.

On the other hand, should you want a haircut that'll get you a husband with plenty of money to pay for the next one, then its advised that you save your pennys for the hairshop. :P

• Advertisement

To a certain mr stephentlig or watever, fyi i work in the cinema...
    My mother has tried and tested every hair salon in town , and like i said she likes that one...im only passing on a bit advice as that is what the question was...i have never been there to get my hair done but i am speakin of what i a hve heard!! And i have not in any way slagged off any shop...i know people in both edge and hair shop .... so just to finish...dont be such a smart a**!!!;)

To a certain mr stephentlig or watever, fyi i work in the cinema...
    My mother has tried and tested every hair salon in town , and like i said she likes that one...im only passing on a bit advice as that is what the question was...i have never been there to get my hair done but i am speakin of what i a hve heard!! And i have not in any way slagged off any shop...i know people in both edge and hair shop .... so just to finish...dont be such a smart a**!!!;)
    i have never been there to get my hair done

your very first post is completley different from what you tell us in the following fourth....
    Deja vu in park street... there a new salon , there about a year i think... good prices, always doin deals and the staff are lovely.. very nice people , great hairdressers....i always leave happy

;) sound like a major contradiction to you?

by the way, is there any jobs going in the cinema?:confused:

Like i said i have never had my hair done there sherlock holmes!!!
    But i have been in the shop which is how i know they are nice girls!!
    And when i said i left happy , i never said i left with a hair do!!!!
    The girls are good craic , and wouldnt pass you on the street without sayin hello....
    Nice to chat to ya.:rolleyes:
    And to answer ur question they will be lookin for part timers with it coming up to crimbo...(in the cinema) :)
    Ill pass on a good word..
    Cya

tippy wrote: »
    Like i said i have never had my hair done there sherlock holmes!!!
    But i have been in the shop which is how i know they are nice girls!!
    And when i said i left happy , i never said i left with a hair do!!!!
    The girls are good craic , and wouldnt pass you on the street without sayin hello....
    Nice to chat to ya.:rolleyes:
    And to answer ur question they will be lookin for part timers with it coming up to crimbo...(in the cinema) :)
    Ill pass on a good word..
    Cya

well if you got friends in both the hair shop and the edge, then I wonder why you would say say ''I heard stories about that place? ''eek'''' doesnt sound very nice to me,
    and then to call the hair shop pricy doesnt sound nice to me either and if I had a friend like you I'd be thinking twice about our friendship, because you'd just be sending off the customers and thus cutting my wages to peices. some friend you are tippy. :rolleyes::p

anyway I've already fixed the pricy part I feel. :pac: so its up to the public to decide.

Peace and bubbles
    Stephen <3

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

tippy & Stephentlig, I asked you already in another thread to leave it out, I won't ask again. Take it to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eyeofthetiger

Sorry to butt in here!
    Does anyone know the cost for wedding styles in any of the above places?

Thanks! :)

Sorry to butt in here!

042 -9333220 ( Jagged Edge ) ( no website or e-mail for jagged edge )

042 - 9331244 info@thehairshop.ie
    http://www.thehairshop.ie/

I dont know about deja vu because they dont seem to have a phone number or website online.

Sorry to butt in here!

Hiya...the norm seems to be in around 40-60.
    I had an upstyle done for brothers wedding 2 years ago in erte ....was very nice, cost me €55.
    I think it depends on how long it takes and the effort thats put in.

And for the record(stephen) the number for dejavu is 0429331952.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4 .fi.88

have to agree with earlier comments about the temple, all the girls are fantastic! they actually have a new page set up on facebook was just on it.. and they are doin new organic colours which makes them even better! i had them when i was last in for my colour and am soo pleased with the result. and they are the same price as normal colours!! highly recommend the temple

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 scissors

i would like to take this oppertunity to defend myself, my salon and staff from comments made in relation to deja vu hair design, thank you tippy for your comments and to stephentlil no tippy has nothing to do with my salon and i was just browsing when i came across your conversation,deja vu work hard and take pride in offering our clients both proffessional and friendly services with bonus of regular deals ,we enjoy what we do and are just regular girls doing our jobs , thank you all who give us support over the last 2 and half years,also i can say on behalf of all of us in deja vu that we would never slag off another salon or stylists work,we have friends in most of the local salons and everyone is doing their best in hard times to do there thing, thank you for taking the time to read this:)

Advertisement