Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bentone burner problem

• 16-02-2009 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13

I have a Bentone boiler approx 10 years old (not sure of Model) and recently there is a loud screeching noise when it starts and before the burner ignites.The burner ignites as normal but the noise stays.Can anyone tell me what could be wrong I think it could be a bearing problem but I don't know. The boiler was installed before I moved in and there is no documentation on it. Hope someone can help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Almost certainly the bearing on the motor. You could take off the oil pump and squirt WD40 into the bearing while flicking on and off the switch to make the motor spin. This sometimes works for up to a year or more - sometimes doesn't work at all :(
    It also could be the oil pump straining to get oil through, if a valve is turned off or a filter blocked - but most likely the motor.
    Jim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 jor199

Thanks Jim. I will try this later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 larpogue

Hi Jim,
    I'm having a similar problem with my Bentone burner, it's firing up sometimes and when it get up to temp and shuts off it sometimes won't kick back in and locks out. I've changed the nozzle and the oil pump capacitor but it's still happening. If I remove the oil pump to spray it with wd40 will oil leak if the oil valve isn't off.....the valve isn't reliable. Or have you any more suggestions?
    Thanks in advance
    Lar

Advertisement