Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for refund from Argos Direct

Options
  • 16-02-2009 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Have read loads of bad reviews for Argos Direct, that they do not deliver the right things, and that they mess up with refunds etc. I am waiting for a refund for about 12 days now and have been on them many times. Anyone have a similar experience? How long did you have wait?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I've ordered several things from them and never had a problem? The last thing I ordered (two bedside lockers) were ordered on a Monday evening and I had them by Friday of the same week - the driver even rang me that morning to find out what time would be convenient for me to take delivery of them.

I have had things before that I had to return to Argos and I usually got the refund after about 4-5 working days. Might be worth calling your bank to see what the hold-up is - is the refund going onto a debit (Laser) card or a credit card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i would assume that this company along with many others deal with all their refunds returns etc on one day a month or once a forthnight so this might explain people being left long periods waiting on cheques/refunds to credit cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

In the past I've gotten about 3 or 4 refunds from Argos, they've paid every one usually within a week. No complaints from me x.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

But are you talking about Argos stores in Ireland or Argos DIRECT, the UK "sister company" in charge of the home delivery thing? I have also received refunds from Argos stores promptly before, but this Direct thing seems to be working differently.

Advertisement