Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend best broadband in Kildare wicklow area

Options
  • 16-02-2009 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently killed my phone line as I don;t use it and both my wife and I have mobile phones. I had to kill off eircom broadband at €30 per month for as I needed a phone line to make it work. I switched to a company called "Omnitel" who installed a dish on the roof and connected cable directly into back of PC. No phone line required, €26 per month for a 1m line.
    The service is appalling . I have it between 3-5 months now and to be honest I would say the line is down at least 2 days a week, every week !!! Over the weekend you can text them to report a fault and they have a voicemail which updates when you ring.
    A few weeks ago the voicemail said "One of our employees tried to fix the problem but slipped down a hill and injured himself so we will have no one working on this issue until monday"
    Can anyone recommend a service provider that won't crash each a couple of days a week. I have deliberately excluded the times the service is at a crawl.!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭billy_beckham

I had dealings with this crowd of w**kers aswell! :D
    They do not answer the phone, return messages or reply to e-mails. If it snows, rains too hard or is windy the service disappears. Since Christmas it has been non existant.

I now have a USB modem from O2, cost €26ish and €19.99 p/m, works like a dream!!!

C'mon the Diamond!!

Advertisement