Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not receiving text messages

• 16-02-2009 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Does anyone have the same problem, im on O2 network, and the last few weeks I havent been receiving my texts when they are sent. It could be days, nearly a week and then I will receive 4 or 5 at once! Is it my fone or sim card thats the problem. Also I do receive some texts straight away when they are sent to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

danh789 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the same problem, im on O2 network, and the last few weeks I havent been receiving my texts when they are sent. It could be days, nearly a week and then I will receive 4 or 5 at once! Is it my fone or sim card thats the problem. Also I do receive some texts straight away when they are sent to me.

I'm with Meteor and I've been having the same problem over the past few weeks.
    I thought it was my sim card, so I got a new one. This didnt fix it.
    As my phone was 3 years old I though this might've been the problem, so I bought a new one over the weekend. So far it seems okay.
    However, talking to friends over the weekend, it seems 2 of my friends with meteor are having the same problem, and so is a friend on 02.

...strange!

Maybe its a joint effort by meteor and 02 to encourage people to buy new phones!!!??? :eek:

haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Been happening to me for the past few weeks too. I'm on o2 billpay aswell.

I've a Nokia 3200. I decided to update the firmware from 5.0 to 7.2 through the nokia website. About an hour later I received 38 text messages at once!!!! All the txts were ones I'd missed from the past few weeks. Very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

Batesy wrote: »
    Been happening to me for the past few weeks too. I'm on o2 billpay aswell.

I've a Nokia 3200. I decided to update the firmware from 5.0 to 7.2 through the nokia website. About an hour later I received 38 text messages at once!!!! All the txts were ones I'd missed from the past few weeks. Very strange.

How did you do that? I have a Nokia 6300, would it work for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've not really experienced this myself in any major way. O2 billpay and Vodafone prepay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

How did you do that? I have a Nokia 6300, would it work for me?

Sorry, Ive actually got the 6300 too. I just went to the Nokia website then downloaded the 'nokia software updater' Then updated the firmware to the latest via a usb cable.

It's been fine since.

• Advertisement
Advertisement