Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USF1 Team

• 16-02-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭

For all of you posters ( you know who you are ) :rolleyes:

That said Danica Patrick would never be good enough to get an F1 drive
    You had better get on the phone to the head Honchos over at USf1 and tell them how to run their team :D

95365.jpg
    USF1 Team would love to sign up Danica Patrick
    The all new Formula 1 team 'USF1' is hoping to enter Formula 1 in 2010 with IndyCar sensation Danica Patrick as one of its drivers. Patrick is one of the most popular drivers in IndyCar and would give the US F1 team a major boost in popularity to attract new sponsors.

The USF1 team will announce its plans 24 February and will settle down in Charlotte. There are several drivers on the short-list but Danica Patrick is high on the team's wishlist. "She's great. She gets a lot of press," USF1 technical director Ken Anderson told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "Indianapolis Motor Speedway president Tony George would probably be pretty mad with me if I took her out of the IRL but we'll see.

"I don't know if it's something she wants to do. We'd certainly love to test her and go from there."

A number of other drivers that were rumoured to be on the USF1 team list are former Toro Rosso driver Scott Speed but also the son of former F1 driver Derek Daly, Conor Daly is being mentioned.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I see what you've done here. You've taken a press release, by a consortium fishing for sponsors for a team that doesn't exist in any meaningful manner yet, about what they'd like to do and have made this the bedrock of your "Danica Patrick is good enough for F1" diatribe.

I think you've been looking at her bikini photos a bit too much and have gone off prematurely.

In other news, in order to raise the profile for the F1 team I plan on running from my shed, I announce that I would be delighted to sign up all 5 members of Girls Aloud as pitcrew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Danica Patrick gets my vote!
    Where can I join the Robbo F1 Pit Crew fan club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Robbo wrote: »
    I see what you've done here. You've taken a press release, by a consortium fishing for sponsors for a team that doesn't exist in any meaningful manner yet, about what they'd like to do and have made this the bedrock of your "Danica Patrick is good enough for F1" diatribe.

I think you've been looking at her bikini photos a bit too much and have gone off prematurely.

In other news, in order to raise the profile for the F1 team I plan on running from my shed, I announce that I would be delighted to sign up all 5 members of Girls Aloud as pitcrew.

No
    I dont waste my time going over photos of Danica nor Girls aloud?

Who are they anyway?? (Girls aloud ):confused:

And yes
    You are right about copying this from somewhere.
    Did you think I made it up myself?
    I only posted what i read on an F1 news site ;)

Read here for yourself >>> F1GPUpdate

Maybe they should team her up with Montoya
    "The Beauty and the Beast"
    We need a bit of bullying back in F1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

While it's an attention grabbing headline, I think they'd get far more long term coverage, interest and better results if they signed Loeb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭vectra

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Nice post Robbo pretty much what I was going to post. I just heard that the zombie jesus wants to join your team too :) The amount of sponsorship he will bring to the team will be quite helpful.

Like I already said
    vectra wrote: »
    I only posted what i read on an F1 news site ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

I hope that the USF1 team does happen. F1 needs to be very strong in the US if its to be regarded by everyone as the series where all the top drivers are. Remember that most americians think that Nascar is king !!!

As regards drivers for USF1. I REALLY hope that they are Scott Speed and Paul Tracy ( although I think Tracy has no chance at 42 years old )

The reason is this. They are both loud mouths and full of themselves. I know you can say this about most F1 drivers, but god ........ ESPECIALLY Speed. I remember a pit to car radio clip of a conversation he had at Toro Rosso with his pit crew. He was on the radio to the team saying that someones head was going to roll if his engine wasn't the same temp as his teammate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AaVQ2vv09I&feature=related
    ... What a guy. I only wish that during the Hungrian GP of 06 or 07 , when he insisted he get slicks, when the track was wet and he spun immeditely, that the team just didn't come on the radio and laugh out loud at his amazing ignoracnce and arrogance.

If he does get an F1 drive again, he will be exposed as the waste of time he is. Everyone in Toro Rosso hated the little pr*ck.

I know I have said some bad things about Lewis here. Compared to Scott Speed, I would marry Lewis ( Meant in a none gay way )

Advertisement