Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

proposal for compliance with part L

• 16-02-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

The planning people have asked me to submit proposals for compliance with part L.

Does anyone know what the planning people are looking for here?

I'm getting an off the plans BER done at the moment. Is this too much. If anyone has any examples of what the council is looking for I'd love to see them.

Thanks,
    Cormac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

The BER assessment will be required . DEAP ( the software for BER ) can also generate a report to show Part L compliance . Ask you assessor for it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭picorette

Note that the Dwellings Energy assessment Procedure (DEAP) will show compliance with most parts of part L. Your BER Assessor should be able to advise you on the parts that it does not ( Thermal Bridging, Air Tightness, compliance of water tanks, pipes 7 controls).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

OP, which CoCo is asking for this info, and at what stage of the planning process are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cormacmul

Its in Roscommon. CoCo just got back to me looking for more info. Has anyone else been asked for this? It's crap because no one else has examples of what the coco needs. Very frustrating.

Talk later,
    Cormac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

IMO compliance with TGD L, providing DEAP is not a Planning issue and should definately not be asked for as part of an FI.

IMO this information is not required for planning permission. Building Control has nothing to do with planning. It causes delays in the process and unnecessary inconvenience and expense to the applicant.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

cormacmul wrote: »
    Its in Roscommon. CoCo just got back to me looking for more info. Has anyone else been asked for this? It's crap because no one else has examples of what the coco needs. Very frustrating.

Talk later,
    Cormac

they are asking for this in kilkenny co co.

see here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055454078&highlight=kilkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I submitted a load of U-value calculations, and a Deap up to compliance with part L to Roscommon coco but it was for a '06 granted development.

I doubt they know what they are looking for themselves.

Slig wrote: »
    I doubt they know what they are looking for themselves.

like the dog chasing the car . would not know what to do if he caught it :D

Still , keeps the civil servant busy at his desk , plenty of scope for AI , CFI etc , etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

It's a good sign that your planning will be granted if they have reason to consider energy issues.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

jimbo78 wrote: »
    It's a good sign that your planning will be granted if they have reason to consider energy issues.

lip service jimbo....

the dwelling MUST comply with building regs....

and request for calcs at planning stage is a complete waste of energy (see what i did there ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Nice one Syd, nice pun. I fully agree.
    Sorry Jimbo78, IMO its just a sign of the times - helps make us look busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cormacmul

Hi all,

Having a bit of trouble.

Talking with the planner. They said that SEI have an XLS sheet that would help me. Does anyone know of any xls on the SEI website?

Also talking to my BER person. They are just out of college and have completed the BER course. Its there first job and I want to support them. They have said I need a MPRN number and official registered address.

I'm a bit confused. Maybe I don't need the full BER. But what do I need.

Thanks for help,
    Cormac

You only need the MPRN no if you want a BER CERT .

The planners are just looking for an assessment ( which believe me - they won't make head nor tail of sorry to say )

You novice friend CAN use his DEAP software to generate a DEAP assessment only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Warden Dios

Offaly Co Co Building Control also are looking for Part L compliance DEAP calcs.

Anyone designing any form of dwelling should be familiar with using the DEAP software i.e do a BER course for chr*st sake...

Advertisement