Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lixnaw community?

Options
  • 16-02-2009 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

hey all,

im currently looking at houses in lixnaw and i was wondering if anyone can tell me a bit about the area.
    as iam german, does anyone know any germans there? ;) would be nice to see soem around but i suppose its too far in the country. well but im happy to meet anyone out there....

i would be very thankful for any feedback on lixnaw.

sumse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭irish_ninja

hi
    i dont know about any germans in lixnaw but i live in ballyheigue and i know that two germans own a house near me dont see them there often though.
    A bus load of germans visited causeway a couple weeks ago
    im happy to answer any questions as best i can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

they eat Germans for breakfast in Lixnaw. It is a a local dish.

Just bustin balls. Nice community but I dont think there are many Germans there. Killarney has a large German community if that is what you are looking for. They even have a German butcher shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sumse

LMAO ..... :p

Its not really important i was just wondering if there are any around.
    Sure im used to it by now anyway.... Im the only one in the country side,hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

The German butcher is in Fossa/Aghadoe.

There is also a German bakery in Killarney.

Cant confirm or deny the existence of Germans around Lixnam but there are a fair few around Killarney.

Also I remember hearing there were a fair few Germans down around Sneem but cant confirm this either.

Advertisement