Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotmail Not Working In Firefox (Please refresh your browser window)

Options
  • 16-02-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

I dunno if anyone has posted this but since last Friday no one can access Hotmail via Firefox (along with a few other non-IE browsers). Turns out they did an 'upgrade' to the Hotmail service and now all non-IE browsers get this error:

Please refresh your browser window. When you access your Windows Live Hotmail account from more than one computer, we ask you to sign in again to help keep your account private and secure.

There are hundreds of people posting about it on the Windows Live support forums here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/community/4.aspx

Also, dozens are reporting it on the Firefox forums here:

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-searchindex.php?locale=en-US&words=Please+refresh+your+browser+window.+When+you+access+your+Windows+Live+Hotmail+account+from&sa=

So far, no one has found a way to fix this. Clearing the cache, disabling Ad Block, nothing works. Also note that the problem is semi-sporadic, as it might go away for about an hour, but always returns. Some users report making the changes that Microsoft suggests fixes this issue, it does, for about an hour then the issue returns. In that time period many users have posted they fixed the issue only to return an hour later and post the issue was in fact not fixed.

I am seeing this now on both of my boxes. Anyone else having this issue?

Note, it will not effect you if your using any flavour of Internet Explorer, just non-IE browsers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

i get the message when i open my inbox,but once i refresh it works fine for me,can read/send emails no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

I got the same message yesterday and couldn't use Hotmail on Firefox.
    Works fine today though.

Advertisement