Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing tattoo colours

• 16-02-2009 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭

Howdy folks.
    I have this black and red nautical star tattoo. I wanna get some blue background done behind it with some other stuff. The thing is that the red part of the star is quite dark. Is it possible for me to get it brightened so it works better with the blue background?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wouldn't imagine so, (at least, not easily or cheaply) maybe get a light blue background?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭lint316

Yeahs its gonna be a light blue background. The star I have is small enough. It would just take a few minutes to colour over. Basically looking to get a dark shade of red made a wee bit lighter or brighter to go with the light background

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blackbox1

lint316 wrote: »
    Howdy folks.
    I have this black and red nautical star tattoo. I wanna get some blue background done behind it with some other stuff. The thing is that the red part of the star is quite dark. Is it possible for me to get it brightened so it works better with the blue background?

You CAN'T use a lighter colour over the dark red to brighten it up.It does not work that way, but putting the opposite colour of red ( colour wheel ) ie green/light green or turquoise will make the star stand out alot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭lint316

I get ya. Thanks for your help with this folks

Advertisement