Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

remove mildew from ensuite ceiling

• 16-02-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone recommend a product for removing mildew from a ceiling.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Anything with bleach in it. You won't remove it completely and just keep appearing

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Is there not a paint out there that will "coat" the ceiling to prevent it? does that yellow stain always re appear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

First of all I'd question why is there mildew on the ceiling? Poor ventilation and dampness would be a factor maybe. The spores in the mildew aren't good for the lungs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

heya, b&q do a mildew remover but i'd say just bleach would be just as good. once its removed using that, paint over the area with an anti mould/mildew coating. the one i got was in b&q as well but can't remember the name. then after that you can repaint your ceiling and the mildew has not reappeared for me anyway. but you would have to deal with the source problem or you'll be forever dealing with the mildew problem recurring. like does the ensuite have a good extractor fan? or just the simple thing of always remembering to open a window while having a shower can help. our problem was a bedroom with no vent or window, only patio doors facing outside on the ground floor so it was hard to ventilate it properly, and the ceiling was a mess when we moved into the apartment but we cleared it up and its fine now. oh and a dehumidifier can be good too if all else fails.

Advertisement