Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Circular Road - Broadband

Options
  • 16-02-2009 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi - I live near the SCR area & I'm using Chorus broadband. It keeps dropping the connection. Sometimes it takes hours to find a connection, sometimes it holds it for maybe a half hour or so, then it loses it again.
    Also, I pay for a 1 mb line which they claim has been bumped up to 3mb (or something like that), yet I can never view anything on youtube, etc. no matter what time of day or evening it is.
    Anyone else experience this? Should I just try one of the mobile broadband deals out there or are they rubbish? We've had 3 Chorus techs\engineers out and they've replaced the gear both inside and outside the house - no difference. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

first, run a test here http://www.speedtest.net/
    then, get this thread moved to broadband forum. sounds liek something might not be set up right.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

when you say the connection is dropping, are you connecting using the wireless? try connecting directly to the wireless router with a cable and see if it happens then.

Check the signal strength when you are unable to connect, there could be something blocking your signal like a wire mesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparkman

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll give the speedtest a go later when I get home.
    I connect directly. I tried a wireless router at one point but it was practically unusable.

Advertisement