Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting drawing copies of granted planning? (Student)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You'er probably better off doing a full survey of the property. This is the only way to get accurate results as plans for this house were more than likely submitted to the council long before proper records began. Unless you are lucky enough to know of whoever did the planning application for the apartments I'd recommend a survey

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mikey125

You'er probably better off doing a full survey of the property. This is the only way to get accurate results as plans for this house were more than likely submitted to the council long before proper records began. Unless you are lucky enough to know of whoever did the planning application for the apartments I'd recommend a survey

Thanks for your reply Quazzie. I think your referring to the derelict building though are you? Its the plans for the proposed development that im after?

Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

mikey125 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply Quazzie. I think your referring to the derelict building though are you? Its the plans for the proposed development that im after?

Any suggestions?

Who would be planning authority in that area?
    Dublin City Council?

Check the planning search function on their website.
    If the planning was recent, you should be able to view the document online.

Yes its Dublin City Council.

I looked it up but it does not have details of planning for what was mentioned.

Also I'm pretty sure you can't view or retrieve the plans online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

mikey125 wrote: »

Any suggestions?

You could start with a planning search for that location on the Dublin City planning webpage http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/wphappcriteria.display

If a new development was approved then the application will be on record, copies of the drawings are online now but this depends on how long ago the application was made. Alternatively hard copies of the plans will be available at the Planning Dept offices although you will need to have the specific planning application number to hand.

• Advertisement

Thanks for replies.

I've looked that up but

Maybe the plans are down since it was over 3 years ago.

It is mentioning 8nr 1 beds also

so im not sure why it does not state whats mentioned on the advert from daft.

Do they charge much for the plans in DCC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

The costs vary from council to council and am not sure about DCC, best bet is to ring the planning dept. If the drawings are stored away somewhere (i.e. not in their own building) there may be a fee for getting them from storage but i wouldn't think it would be more that €20-30.

Thats prob my best bet to get in touch with the planning department.

Hope its not too expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭picorette

Your best option is to go into the planning desk in Dublin City Council's offices on Wood Quay. They are very helpful. The two lads seem to be competing to see who can give the best service....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NickTellis

picorette wrote: »
    The two lads seem to be competing to see who can give the best service....

Maybe one of them is going to be made redundant so it's survival of the fittest (or most helpful). Who said this recession is a bad thing? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If the guys have the plan and it is post 2001 they will just copy it for free unless there are an awful lot of pages.

If it is pre-2001 (i.e., expired, which is unlikely) they will refuse to copy it without a letter from the architect permitting this.

Then you will have to be a bit resourceful if you need the copy.

If they don't have it, they won't give it to you, obviously. It might be microfilm only. Again, more resourcefulness required on your part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The documents aren't available online, the application predates the online service

The building in question is a protected structure, and first applied to convert to a hotel/guesthouse.
    Then to change to appartments,

Here are some of the relevant planning numbers, bring these to the DCC offices planning department at wood quay and you should get the drawings from the files.

0194/05
    5088/03
    0309/03

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

I know Galway CoCo put the drawings online available to the public.

All local authorities should be doing it at this stage

Advertisement