Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rearranging kitchen units -- problem

Options
  • 16-02-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for some advice.

The kitchen in my house is a modular type (cash&carry) but the person who installed it nailed the units together instead of using screws.

I want to install an integrated dishwasher but the unit that's the right size for the dishwasher isn't near enough the plumbing.

I thought I'd be able to rearrange them, but then I noticed the nails. Is there a way of cutting nails? Or is the only answer to destroy the units to get them apart?

The nails are a few inches from the front of the units and there is a small gap... I was thinking there might be a strong blade for a jigsaw or something?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Depending on the nail type, you could try drilling the heads off them and then some very delicate leverage between the units.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

Thanks, I'll have a look! Hadn't thought of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭davymoore

Use a sawzall [reciprocating saw, jab saw] what ever you want to call it. you can rent one at most hire shops. Get yourself a couple of good metal cutting blades for it. if you have about a 2mm gap or more to get in between the units these things will eat through nails like butter.

153398_lg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Handeman

would be a hell of a lot easier to get some flexible fittings for your dishwasher. try woodies, b&q etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 gavin01

Hi, i fit kitchens every day and to be honest your easiest option is to extend your plumbing to where your dishwasher will fit. If you really want to you can remove your units by drilling out the nails with a good metal bit, these units should have been screwed together to allow for such a situation and should never have been nailed. Lazy fitter!

• Advertisement
Advertisement