Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother with anxiety issues

Options
  • 16-02-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

My wife is a great mom and wife. One thing that worries me is her constant anxiety regarding our baby. Our baby had alot of heath issues within the last 18 months but we have dealth with each and now she is thriving. This has left my wife a constant wreck.

She has taken medicine before for anxiety but it didnt really help. My wife didnt really enjoy been pregnant as she was constantly worried that something would happen. Is there anything i can do to help her, reassure her. I dont want our child growing up been anxious all the time like my wife has been. Her mom is a constant worrier and suffers from depression so that doesnt help.I think she feeds my wifes anxiety but that is for another day. I dont know if this is the right forum but what do other mothers or fathers do when their partner is always anxious about their baby. I know its normally to be worried about your baby but not been so worried where it starts to hinder the childs development. Our baby is where she should be at her age, I constantly tell her that is a great mom but i dont think she really believes it.

Advertisement