Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digs? how much?

Options
  • 16-02-2009 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi, I'll be looking for 5 day full board accommodation for my daughter in Dublin 8 September. Any idea how much it's going to set me back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

I'd keep an eye on this page:
    http://www.dit.ie/campuslife/studentsupport/accommodation/
    Probably cost at least €100 a week, probably more if you want full board.
    It all depends on how fussy ye are going to be (ie shared facilities between everyone or shared room, or own room/bathroom which would be extra)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I had digs last year for €90 a week on Dorset St but that was half board. In all fairness I only took digs because I could only find shared rooms and had nobody to move in with, didn't fancy sharing a room with a stranger. Im in an apartment now and much prefer it.

Try daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Schoolteacher

Thank you both for your answers. Fitz, half board means breakfast doesn't it? Did you cook your own meals in the house you were in or eat out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I didn't cook many meals at all due to my course hours (up on 56 hours a week sometimes) The particular house I was in provided a microwave, kettle, toaster, firdge/freezer but unfortunately no access to the kitchen cooker.

I know that its now cheaper to rent a house with a group than most digs are but if its digs you're going for daft.ie is invaluable. Or contact the Students Union of the relevant college. They are very helpful in terms of accomodation. DIT SU elections are on at the minute so they should be extra helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

PM sent

• Advertisement
Advertisement