Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gulf war milsim game, march sunday 8/3/09

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

Coming Soon at HRTA: The Jebrovian War.

Episodic warfare, weeknights from April.

Intriguing "Chin stroke".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Intriguing "Chin stroke".

Please see this thread for the MilSim night stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Your face is mil sim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Airsoft-fanatic

ok i have one question about milsim because im not too familiar with it , as i have only ever done saturdays at hrta, is it for pro's only? or would a 15 year old get on fine..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

If you've got mid-caps and want to experience something a bit more challenging than your average skirmish then I don't see why your youth would be a problem, just be warned, milsim is more about patience and tactics than running around guns blazing. You might spend hours not firing a shot, just getting into position, calling in airstrikes or just guarding a position.

• Advertisement

ok i have one question about milsim because im not too familiar with it , as i have only ever done saturdays at hrta, is it for pro's only? or would a 15 year old get on fine..?

Most of the people involved would be long term players, but come along and try it..............ye might like it.

But be prepared for a very different type of gaming experience. The point of milsim is to try an get things as close to reality as possible, the main difference with milsim is that combat is an event that occurs during the course of a game, unlike regular airsoft where combat is the only thing people care about. Strategy and teamwork take on a much greater role and by and large milsim must be played much more intelligently.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Your best bet, would be to come along, to the next one we run, and have a look, if you like what you, just jump in, and play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Site-Ops

Well for all the complaints and giving out last Sunday was my first Milsim and really enjoyed the day! Cant wait to Milsim again.

Well done Paul, Hive and Mel for organizing.

As for my team mates Iraqi 2 defending the Scud at the lane in the 1st game was great craic..... Felt sorry for our medic the poor lad was wrecked near the end all the running around.

well i guess i could come along to one of them, spectate the first half and play the 2nd, i was just a bit nervous considering nearly everyone there, if not all but me, would be 16-30 or something like that.

would a sniper be a good choice for milsim (with mp5 back-up), or should i just bring my G36?

Is it on only sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

im a lil bit confuzzled ere did you just post that exact post under the name of
    GermanConduct

just so i know i'm not losing the plot and im not seeing things

• Advertisement

would a sniper be a good choice for milsim (with mp5 back-up), or should i just bring my G36?

Sniping really comes into it's own in milsim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Sniping really comes into it's own in milsim.
    Yeah. Who was it from our team that spent 2 hours hidden in a freezing ditch waiting for a shot that never came?

I admire his dedication to his craft!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

sliabh wrote: »
    Yeah. Who was it from our team that spent 2 hours hidden in a freezing ditch waiting for a shot that never came?

I admire his dedication to his craft!

that was our very own gary who was froze through when he came out lol

well if thats the case, next time (well first time) i go milsim, i'll bring my sniper, and my mp5 aswell for back up, cheers for the help lads!

p.s. i hope i dont have to wait on a ditch for 2 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

moggser wrote: »
    that was our very own gary who was froze through when he came out lol

Yes, and it was a top-class performance even though we were getting a bit worried about him at one point. Sometimes waiting is the hardest part.

OzCam wrote: »
    Yes, and it was a top-class performance even though we were getting a bit worried about him at one point. Sometimes waiting is the hardest part.

Yeah, it was a stoic effort on his part.........given that the weather was cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey and shatter them.

Advertisement