Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gulf war milsim game, march sunday 8/3/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

hrta wrote: »
    And if any one, that needs help to draw a map, there was one in the last issue of take aim, but please ask them, before you go copying it.

Paul,
    Take Aim have kindly agreed to let us use the site map from the last issue. I have scanned it and was going to put it up here so everyone can download it but just want to check that it's ok with you? I know some extra stuff has gone onto the site lately but it would be a good starting point to work from. Let me know if it's cool with you and I'll post it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

"semi auto in buildings"

Does that mean we are playing without bang kills?

I'd prefer that, except in extreme muzzle to face situations.

Also, if a medic is hit, he cant heal himself, can another player asume medic role, or do we wait 10 minutes for a new medic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

"semi auto in buildings"

Does that mean we are playing without bang kills?

I'd prefer that, except in extreme muzzle to face situations.

No need for bang kills and we always discourage shooting in the face so common sense prevails here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Also, if a medic is hit, he cant heal himself, can another player asume medic role, or do we wait 10 minutes for a new medic?

AFAIK no. You have to wait for respawn. And I think it'll actually be 20 minutes you have to wait. Bleed out and respawn time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    AFAIK no. You have to wait for respawn. And I think it'll actually be 20 minutes you have to wait. Bleed out and respawn time...

Is this the case paul?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Fiach Dubh wrote: »
    I just signed myself up on the IAA site.

Wolf, Gar and myself will be there Paul. We'll be looking to play on the Iraqi side.

Hi Johnny, can you command one iraqi team for me, and if so, were would you like to set up your missile site.
    Thanks,
    Paul.

Is this the case paul?

It is, i'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

Hi Johnny, can you command one iraqi team for me, and if so, were would you like to set up your missile site.
    Thanks,
    Paul.

how ya Paul i'm sure he wont have a prob with thatat all do ya have bb's in stock? .23.or.25's

Paul,
    Take Aim have kindly agreed to let us use the site map from the last issue. I have scanned it and was going to put it up here so everyone can download it but just want to check that it's ok with you? I know some extra stuff has gone onto the site lately but it would be a good starting point to work from. Let me know if it's cool with you and I'll post it up.

If it's alright with take AIM, post it up, thanks.
    Paul.

moggser wrote: »
    how ya Paul i'm sure he wont have a prob with thatat all do ya have bb's in stock? .23.or.25's

Only have .2, sorry about that.

• Advertisement

thanks Paul ill fish some out from tony see ya sunday all going well

Just a heads up on the Weather

Weather forecast for Sunday is for snow, 40km westerly and 5deg.

Just a heads up on the Weather

Weather forecast for Sunday is for snow, 40km westerly and 5deg.

out with the white bed sheet so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Sorry to drag up an issue that's been brought up more times than kebabs on a saturday night, but...

I know the mag limit is 10 mid or lowcaps. I have both - one combination gives me over 1000 rds the other gives me 300. I will be playing with 300 but wonder what others are doing...

Personally, I dont mind firing 300 rounds before I am kia - no good to me when I'm gone...
    but if I go with a few spare mags, can I donate it to a team-mate while I regen? Just wondering...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Thanks,
    Paul.

No problem Paul, I'll command one team. I'd like to set up the missile site at, or near, the killhouse at the edge of the oil drum area if thats a valid location?

No problem Paul, I'll command one team. I'd like to set up the missile site at, or near, the killhouse at the edge of the oil drum area if thats a valid location?

Thanks johnny, there are 3 new house's at that spot, so can you pick one.

Grand :)

Sorry to drag up an issue that's been brought up more times than kebabs on a saturday night, but...

I know the mag limit is 10 mid or lowcaps. I have both - one combination gives me over 1000 rds the other gives me 300. I will be playing with 300 but wonder what others are doing...

Personally, I dont mind firing 300 rounds before I am kia - no good to me when I'm gone...
    but if I go with a few spare mags, can I donate it to a team-mate while I regen? Just wondering...

:)

Ammunition:

All magazines will be restricted to realistic loads.
    So what this means is, what ever the real magazine would hold, in the real world, is what you put in your airsoft magazine's on the day.

Each player may carry a maximum of 10 standard magazines (Full battle loadout).
    Pistols +2 mags maximum. Rifle drum mags 3 maximum. Machine gun box mags 2 maximum.
    Sniper rifles 8 mags maximum.

Grand :)

Johnny, It's all i can find, between 1.56 and 2.01 you can just see the new building's.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt0giyfY5QE&feature=related

At exactly 2.00 on the video the building on the right of the shot. Anywhere near that is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

See attached two versions of the HRTA site map from the last issue of Take Aim. There have been some additional cabins added to the site since this was drawn up but it should give a good basis for the game on Sunday. Just print it out and take it with you to the game.
    Have to say a big thanks to Take Aim who have very kindly given us permission to use the map. By the way, I told them they should come down and bring a photographer with them so make sure you're sporting your best Gucci on the day...:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Before I go making out my designation map Paul, do you have a grid reference system worked out already? No point me making a gridded map when your co-ords are different to mine (classic, real-deal fire support f*** up though).

When calling in fast air, do we simply call in a co-ord or should we pop smoke to mark the target?

Have we a set radio code system for calling in the the close air support such as grid reference -> landmark -> position, or do we just call in the grid reference as per whatever system you have. Also, can we call it in as delayed fire-for-effect or do we just call it as we need it. In other words, can I call in a position and say I want rounds on the ground in 5 minutes at that location or do I just wait for the 5 minutes and call them in as an immediate effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Paul, I frigged my back during the week so I won't be taking an active part in this:mad:

I will, however, be at the site and will be willing to lend a hand where-ever needed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

fewww, I know your a Hawk and all tommy, but your a bit fresh to be learning the art of "band of bailing"., :D

lookkini forward to this, it should be good craic. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

NakedDex wrote: »

When calling in fast air, do we simply call in a co-ord or should we pop smoke to mark the target?

Have we a set radio code system for calling in the the close air support such as grid reference -> landmark -> position, or do we just call in the grid reference as per whatever system you have. Also, can we call it in as delayed fire-for-effect or do we just call it as we need it. In other words, can I call in a position and say I want rounds on the ground in 5 minutes at that location or do I just wait for the 5 minutes and call them in as an immediate effect.

Air support will only be available at certain times. This will be weather- and marshal-dependent. Within a time window, you can either specify immediate or timed delivery. If the target is close to your own positions, you may be asked to mark it.

Masada wrote: »
    fewww, I know your a Hawk and all tommy, but your a bit fresh to be learning the art of "band of bailing"., :D

lookkini forward to this, it should be good craic. :)

I always try to follow the example of my team mates:p
    I might even bring my camera along to snap epic failz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

See [previous post for] two versions of the HRTA site map from the last issue of Take Aim.

That blueprint is not to scale, but to orient it take a line from point 10 to point 12. That's the approximate direction of North.

The straightest line on the site is the treeline/ditch behind the former Ghost Base (12) which runs EastSouthEast back towards the access road at approx 110 degrees. The distance perpendicular from that treeline SouthSouthWest to the turn of the lane (inner ditch) is approximately 130 metres.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a proper grid reference.

To hell with you Richie. I have never backed (pardon the pun) down from a challenge. I will be there and I will take part. So there:P

After the game, I will limp off for a good cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Well a lot of things have gone to hell for me this weekend. So I'm not gonna make this. I was really looking forward to it, but hopefully Hive's weekday games will start up soon and I can get my MilSim on.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Jeez, your not even on our team and your bailing already., :p

I'm all geared up for this, gonna bring someone with me aswell.

Just checked with Met Eireann there and,
    MetEireann wrote:
    Bright or sunny periods and widespread showers tomorrow giving further falls of snow in places, with a continuing risk of thunder. Very cold and windy. Temperatures only reaching 4 to 7 degrees in the strong, blustery westerly winds

So wrap up warm and bring wets just incase lads, knowing the Irish forecasters though, it'll probably be 20degree's in the sun with risk of sunburn in places...

Advertisement