Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Website of SkyConway?

Options
  • 16-02-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I live in an apartment block in tallaght and we would like to get Sky HD. Unfortunately the people from Sky told us we need to order it trough SkyConway, since they own the dishes on the roof top.

I googled SkyConway and all that I can find is the website www.skyconway.com

The Website looks soooooooooo bad that I am afraid that it's a scam.
    They don't even use a proper webhoster, all they have is the free webspace from geocities.com.

Even the E-Mail is liked to the wrong E-Mail Address. It says jim@skyconway.com but it links to someone@microsoft.com and apart from that, what company uses a first name for their e-mail address displayed on their website?

Either this is a scam, or the worst company website in history.

All I need is the real website or phone number from SkyConway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Try this

Sky Conway
    Balbriggan Tele Exchange, Co. Dublin Phone: (01) 8417788

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 paulabh1

I didn't know that Sky Conway had a balbriggan number, I have the Northern Ireland number for them and it's 04886763771

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Why is the freesat logo on the site? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭homelink

You know there is an alternative to Sky Conway.
    Sky are offering a free shared dish system for apartment blocks.
    You should contact 3 other occupiers (minimum of 4 required)and then go to the management copmany and get them to contact SKY.
    They have a link on their website witn contact details etc.
    What happens then is that the block is surveyed by Sky and they then get back to the management Co. with a plan.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

homelink wrote: »
    You know there is an alternative to Sky Conway.

In case it isn't clear, the point of this is:

- Sky install it for free (no charge for the management company).
    - Maintain it for free
    - You only pay the same for Sky as anyone else does, no extra charge.
    - You can get Sky+

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amber133

I am also in an apartment block in tallaght and have basic tv and wireless broadband with sky conway.

I rang them up to upgrade to digital so i can get the cartoon channels for my 1 year old and they said it would be 90 installation fee even though i am already connected with them. we paid them 70 when we first got it and 39.99 monthly

NTL wont let me change to them as the apartments are only wired for sky conway.

This is not right.

are they just a money making company ?

There number is 8417788 or www.skyconway.com as stated on top of any letters they send which do not look official

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 phil brown

Hi I got sky conway in recent got broadband and digital tv for €15 euro a month the picture quality is perfect and broadband is good for browsing and emails , I might upgrade to there high speed but at present i am very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

phil brown wrote: »
    Hi I got sky conway in recent got broadband and digital tv for €15 euro a month the picture quality is perfect and broadband is good for browsing and emails , I might upgrade to there high speed but at present i am very happy.

Welcome to boards Phil - great 1st post btw!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

Yeah nice first post!!
    wouldnt be my experience were in our apartment block and they were terrible, the amount of complaints about what channels they offered, broadband speed.

Eventually got Sky into the apartment block far better service.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Post one from a minority of one.

phil brown wrote: »

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cablegeye

try this web site www.skyinyourapartment.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

amber133 wrote: »
    are they just a money making company ?

Aren't all companies?

Advertisement