Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook Express & 3G

Options
  • 16-02-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi Guys, anyone know how to set up Outlook Express, with the 3G modem. I can not send mail, using Outlook Express. I rang 3G, and they told me, or helped me on line, but ended MESSED UP. 3G as far as i am concerned, did not have a clue. Maybe somebody might help here please. With Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What mobile operator are you talking about? 3G is a mobile phone technology. Three are an operator. 3G is also the name of a shop that sells mobile phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 summer

Ok, sorry, maybe i should have said, i am using 3Mobile Broadband, and trying to send mail through Outlook Express

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

You need to use the right smtp setting for the supplier of your connection. So for:

Three: mail-relay.3ireland.ie

O2: smtp.o2.ie

Vodafone: smtp.vodafone.ie

Eircom & loads of independents: mail1.eircom.net

BT: mail.iol.ie

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Thank's rebel.ranter, for your swift reply, will try that. Much appreciated.

Good on yea rebel.ranter, working spot on. Many Thank's for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement