Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erecting Fence Posts

Options
  • 16-02-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

I have to put up a wind breaker around the shed. Part of the shed was damaged in a recent storm and would not survive one more storm. Our next door neighbour is the Atlantic, so storms down here are frequent.

We are going to plant a laurel hedge which after it grows will be the wind breaker but that will take time to grow. Timber in the ground rots very quickly down here and I would be lucky to get 3 years out of a fence post.

I have seen these spikes that are put into the ground and the post fits into them. Does anyone have experience of these and will they be strong enough to withstand strong gales? Or is the best option to drop the posts into concrete?

D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dig a hole and drop the post into that.Fill it with concrete if you wish.Short of the wind breaking the post is shouldnt dislodge it.

Advertisement