Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offer accepted.

Options
  • 16-02-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

i put an offer on a house which was accepted. however, after visiting the house again, I'm really not sure. Do I have to ring the estate agent and let him know that I am unsure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

so instead of picking up the phone and letting them know

you fire up your pc/browser/create a thread asking if you should.

yes give them a ring and let them know

or a telepathic message whatever is easiest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I have a question which I know the answer to. Do I have to post a question on a message board to ask other people what the answer to the question that I already have an answer to is?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

dvpower wrote: »
    I have a question which I know the answer to. Do I have to post a question on a message board to ask other people what the answer to the question that I already have an answer to is?

Come on, don't ask a silly question. Of course you have to post a message on a board and ask for people's advice. You're not supposed to make any decisions by yourself, without group agreement, even if you already know the answer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Wow, I'm gonna post on a thread just to be a cheeky b*stard. why did either of you bother? I'm only asking to see if I'm causing him any trouble by not ringing straight away. I haven't made up my mind 100%. Jesus. Imagine having to explain myself to competely unhelpful strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

You must post on board before you do anything, even if you already know what you're going to do.

"Hello I'd like to tell you the vendor's have accepted that offer"
    "Oh great, I'm so happy"
    "Now, we know that people often change their minds once the offer has been accepted so I've assumed you have in fact done that and withdrawn the offer also"
    "Excellent, what a great service"
    "No problems at all, that's why we're here. Please don't hestitate to not contact me if there is somereally really important that we shoudn't discuss"

Of course you have to tell him, he's busy taking it off the market for God sake!
    Make up your mind! Those people now think their house is sold and are busy making preparations. Make up your mind and stop messing them around!

• Advertisement

Listen,

Boards is here to get advice and ask questions, and I don't appreciate it being mocked, and being made to feel stupid here. As I said before, I don't know what I am going to do, so I don't want him to be loosing other sales etc. So can everyone please stop being so smart.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

SarahJ wrote: »
    Wow, I'm gonna post on a thread just to be a cheeky b*stard. why did either of you bother? I'm only asking to see if I'm causing him any trouble by not ringing straight away. I haven't made up my mind 100%. Jesus. Imagine having to explain myself to competely unhelpful strangers.

Wait a second. You said initially that you decided against it. So you want to call the auctioneer to tell them that you do not want the house, but you have not made up your mind.

That is very cruel to the sellers, who are probably delighted and (unfortunately) making plans based on your agreement of the price.

Papad wrote: »
    Wait a second. You said initially that you decided against it. So you want to call the auctioneer to tell them that you do not want the house, but you have not made up your mind.

That is very cruel to the sellers, who are probably delighted and (unfortunately) making plans based on your agreement of the price.

Yeah sure they could be off negotiating on their new house.

Listen,

Boards is here to get advice and ask questions, and I don't appreciate it being mocked, and being made to feel stupid here. As I said before, I don't know what I am going to do, so I don't want him to be loosing other sales etc. So can everyone please stop being so smart.

Thanks

You said you didn't want to go ahead should you ring?

That sounds like you know exactly what you want do but you can't work out if you should make a phone call or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Nowhere in your opening post did you say you didn't know what you're going to do. Your words were:

I have decided against it.

If you are definitely NOT taking the house, ring the agent and let them know. Chances are, the current owners are dependant on the sale and may have even put an offer on another house based on accepting yours. The right thing is to let them know ASAP. That's only fair.

If you aren't decided, you really need to sit and think and make up your mind. You're just stringing them along so, if it looks like you're really not going to take it, let them know. That way, if you change your mind (again!) you could always go back and they might re-accept your offer.

• Advertisement

Papad wrote: »

What plans would he be making? until they have that money for certain, no plans would be made. Come on, we are in recession, the bank could come back and say, actually no, you can't have this money, even though I am approved.

I can't make up my mind, and its a big thing believe or not, buying a house. I haven't been through this before, so I don't know proper procedures. I don't know whether I ring him and say, 'I'm not quite sure yet, so hold that until I make my mind yo 100%', yes I'm sure he would say, 'Yea no problem, take as long as you want'. So I came onto Boards for some advice, as I do. Did I get sound advice? No. Oh well.

What plans would he be making? until they have that money for certain, no plans would be made. Come on, we are in recession, the bank could come back and say, actually no, you can't have this money, even though I am approved.

I can't make up my mind, and its a big thing believe or not, buying a house. I haven't been through this before, so I don't know proper procedures. I don't know whether I ring him and say, 'I'm not quite sure yet, so hold that until I make my mind yo 100%', yes I'm sure he would say, 'Yea no problem, take as long as you want'. So I came onto Boards for some advice, as I do. Did I get sound advice? No. Oh well.

you never asked for any advice

you said you had made up your mind.

should you make the call.

no where in any of your OP did you ask for any advice.

The house owner now thinks the house is sold, did they take it off the market?

if your not sure stop wasting their time pick up the phone and remove the offer, if you decide to change your mind AGAIN then give them a call and make another offer.

You've been advised to ring the estate agent.

They could be doing what you're doing now. Ringing up another estate agent of the house they want to buy and maybe having their offer accepted.

No, you won't be told to take as long as you like because your humming hawing is slowing down/ruining the plans of someone elses life. They're not going to "hold it" while you spend an indeterminate amount of time not making a decision.

You shouldn't have made the offer if you weren't 100% sure.

Make up your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Hi all,

i put an offer on a house which was accepted. however, after visiting the house again, I have decided against it. Do I have to ring the estate agent and let him know that I don't want it?

Nah, dont bother, the estate agent will figure it out himself - they are trained in ESP. And the vendor will hold on making any decisions based on your acceptance until they have received 3 acceptances and a secret handshake.

ok, so u are getting a hard time but. in fairness, you do kinda deserve it......!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Will you guys give over and leave the op alone?

All she did was ask a question, bloody douchbags,

OP just ring them if you have changed you mind, sooner the better.

nuxxx wrote: »
    Will you guys give over and leave the op alone?

All she did was ask a question, bloody douchbags,

OP just ring them if you have changed you mind, sooner the better.

Thanks a million :o It's like being back at school here.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

OK folks, less slagging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

ntlbell wrote: »
    so instead of picking up the phone and letting them know

you fire up your pc/browser/create a thread asking if you should.

yes give them a ring and let them know

or a telepathic message whatever is easiest

Haha... :)

Advertisement