Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do plumbers fix washing machines?

• 16-02-2009 3:48pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭

An odd question, but my washing machine is working fine apart from the face that it's not spinning. Can a plumber do a repair on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

Plumbers can install a washimg machine which means supplying it with hot and cold water. When it comes to servicing/fixing you really need an appliance engineer/technician. Sounds like a not too serious problem with yours, but I doubt a plumber could repair. If you don't wanna pay an engineers charge plus call out charge:eek:, you could ask if anyone can offer an alternative on here maybe.( not sure where ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Sounds like a problem with the motor, which is not something a plumber would fix.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You should find ads for appliance repairmen in your local trade directory or newspaper.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Have you tried cleaning out the filter? Blocked filter is one reason why a washer won't spin.

There's usually access to filter on the front of machine near bottom (sometimes behind plastic kick-panel).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 Hopr

Check to see if the Belt has slipped off or has snapped. Generally, there is an inspection cover at the back of the machine, failing that remove the top cover of the machine. Just remember to unplug the appliance before you attempt any inspection.

Hopr :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

An odd question, but my washing machine is working fine apart from the face that it's not spinning. Can a plumber do a repair on this?

I know its an old thread. But I was curious to see how many plumbers did repair domestic appliances that work with oil, gas & water. (washing machines, dishwashers, cookers , dryers ect)

I repair these items. I am a plumber. Any other plumbers out there repair these items aswell? The reason I ask is im thinking about extending my services into this area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Far too time consuming work for a plumber. Diagnosing the various problems with the multitude of different makes and models with the 'added insult' of manufacturers fault codes (sometimes secretive) can make this a no-go area.
    Still its a sign of the times that some plumbers are now willing to give it a go, and fair play to them. People being ripped off for long enough by manufacturers call out fees and warrantys that are not worth the paper they are written on.

Advertisement