Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberbullying in schools - we really need your help, Thanks

• 16-02-2009 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

We are Patricia and Emmanuel and we work in the University of Limerick.

We are interested in researching cyber bullying in secondary schools in Ireland. By this we mean bullying that happens by using technology like mobile phones or computers. The results of this research will help others who may be the victim of this kind of bullying.

So that we can find out more about this, if you are a second level student we would appreciate if you could fill out this questionnaire. It will only take a few minutes and if you do we will be most grateful. We know that ye are probably very busy so if you can't no bother and thank you for you kind attention.

If you do wish to take the survey please click on the link below. Thanks again.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=FAZcJlx_2bVLzRruydcvEdVA_3d_3d

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Done it there.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Do your own work FFS, if you want people to take the survey, pay them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Ah Fad... if you're planning on going to TCD, prepare to be emailed several times a week with surveys from the psychology department/every other department. Also, you can't do your own work when it's a survey, unless you intend they themselves fill out the same survey over and over...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 EOG1980

Gavin and all those who have filled it out so far, thank you very much.

Fad, I hope you understand that we are conducting this research to help provide support to young people who have been the victim of cyberbullying. I hope we have not offended you with the request but the more people that respond the more we can help them.

Kind regards,
    EOG1980

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Done. I'm out of School and 20, but I filled it in as a 18yo sixth year exactly as I would have done at the time.
    Fad wrote: »

Don't be so antisocial, it's a college research project and the results may actually be published and do some good. Opinionated, angry and frankly shít-stirring posts like that don't belong here tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Done

Ah Fad... if you're planning on going to TCD, prepare to be emailed several times a week with surveys from the psychology department/every other department. Also, you can't do your own work when it's a survey, unless you intend they themselves fill out the same survey over and over...

Im just curious as to why some but not all surveys get deleted here........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

What's up with you today :rolleyes:
    It's for a good cause.

K4t wrote: »
    What's up with you today :rolleyes:

It's for a good cause.

I'm really not sure:mad: Mocks next week/everyone has an off day........

Thats debatable, I'm slightly when it comes to surveys about Cyberbullying etc, give my principal more ammo to put talks for parents on, and my parents (MUM!) to sart worrying about the woes of the internet.

To make it up to the OP I will do the survey:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Calm down, they're just exams at the end of they day. Have a hot cocoa for yourself or something :p

• Advertisement

K4t wrote: »
    Calm down, they're just exams at the end of they day. Have a hot cocoa for yourself or something :p

Thank you K4T.............

Fad gets offa the internetz...........

PS:Survey done:)

Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Thats debatable, I'm slightly when it comes to surveys about Cyberbullying etc, give my principal more ammo to put talks for parents on, and my parents (MUM!) to sart worrying about the woes of the internet.

Very good point. Never thought about that one. The last thing we need is more scaremongering and pseudo-scientific statistics telling our parents about how bad the internet is. Next thing, I'll have no internet.:mad::mad:

Thanks to everyone who has so far filled in the survey, it is greatly appreciated. The more people the better.

The purpose is to develop supports for cyberbullying specifically in Ireland. So for those who are concerned about the impact of the research, it should inform principals and parents etc. of the necessary supports. Thereby the phenomenon of cyberbullying etc., which is already in the public domain, should not be sufficient ammo for anyone to complain about the internet or cut off anyone's access. :)

All of the findings and suggested supports will be posted here when it is finished and available for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Generally I would delete mindless/pointless/irrelevant surveys, this one seems to be for a good cause and the poster is going about doing it in a relatively thoughtful manner. One of the advantages of having people dedicated to moderatorship of a particular board is that they can individually review threads and decide what should and shouldn't be deleted.

(So what K4t said. : p)

Personally I like filling in surveys... >.>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

done and dusted

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

EOG1980 wrote: »
    The purpose is to develop supports for cyberbullying specifically in Ireland.

i love the way this sentence sounds...supports for cyberbullying:D

btw i agree with fad, another survey about how internet is harmful will once again start off the discussion about taking internet away from young kids and banning every possible site on school computers.

Personally I like filling in surveys... >.>

Of course you do, but you live in my computer:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Survey Done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Done.

Gender?
    Female.

School?
    All boys.

Aha, I love that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

jus done der

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

done...man that was tedious

I just want to thank the few more people who contributed, it is really appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

Good survey... deals with important matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Finito

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I ate my crayon :(

Thanks again to all those who have filled it out, it is really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I don't know if you're doing it on purpose or what's happening EOG1980 but you keep posting "a" in this thread, if it's on purpose to get the thread more views then please stop.

• Advertisement

Another few people have submitted responses, so thank you again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement