Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candle grease removal

Options
  • 16-02-2009 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Afternoon all,

Looking for a product for removing candle grease from floor tiles and grouting. I've read elsewhere that 'Oops' is supposed to be good. Its an American product. Anyone heard of it or know where to get it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭hamnegg

thats the stuff!
    They're based in Glasnevin opposite Des Kelly carpets beside Woodies

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

This might also work - put a rag (one you can throw out!) onto the tile over the candlewax area. Put the kettle on. Sit back, and relax.

Once the kettle boils, pour some hot water (very very very very carefully - do a risk assessment first, and use your safety training properly) onto the rag where the wax is - it should melt most of the wax, which hopefully will absorb into the rag.

This has worked for me on the hearth, and the iron/paper towel method works ok on carpet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

When I've got candle grease on the hearth, I just scrape it off with a blunt knife or stiff spatula and then wash it off with a bit of soapy water. I'd say you can use the same on the tiles and grout.

I use a product called 'no more sticky stuff' on the carpet. I got it in aldi, but have seen it in homebase too. I damaged a carpet in a rented house with the iron and brown paper, but luckily it wasn't too noticable. It was probably cheap carpet but haven't risked the hot iron since then!!!

Advertisement