Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Maynooth: Alternatives

Options
  • 16-02-2009 4:55pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭

SoI rang IBB today they informed me they are no longer taking new customers from maynooth until they build up enough of a back log? When i asked the guy on the phone what he meant he said he didn't understand it either but it would be at least a month before i could order from them and from the impression he gave it would be alot longer than that.

Any idea what's going on here?

And what would be a decent alternative:

I was looking at IBB 2m breeze conection with no phone line.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

youi know their not doing the 2Mb breeze anymore?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No i didn't know that. Does any in Maynooth use UPC's Broadband express option?
    Apparently it's 10M and about 40e a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

I have a mate in Maynooth on the Ultra 20Mb connection with UPC with no hassles. I myself in Kilcock have the 10Mb connection with UPC and it's great, getting a constant 9.8Mbs connection. I switched from eircom who I was supposedly getting a 7Mb connection but would only manage less than 300Kbs!!! the best I got was 4Mb at 5 in the morning with eircom....absolute joke.

Advertisement