Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else getting weirder as they get older?

Options
  • 16-02-2009 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

I used to be pretty normal but more and more I find myself doing weird stuff just to amuse myself. Giving silly answers to people in shops and just messing about in situations where I would normally have been serious or whatever.

I care not a jot what people say or think of me any more. I'm 26. Anyone feel this way nowadays?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I'm just getting wider :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Early mid-life crisis, IMO!

Nah - May be a product of you being that bit more secure as you get older, and not being afraid that it's too "uncool" to do things like that. I'm 25 and find I push the boat out with strangers far more than I ever wouldve growin up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I'm not sure if that's possible, for me......:o

Weird is wonderful. Who wants to be f*cking normal anyway? Booring.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭CPT. SURF

I may be developing autism in my mid-twenties. Love spacing out and just genuinely not giving a shyte about how one "should" act in certain situations. Pretty liberating tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I'm remaining perfectly normal. It's just the rest of the world that is getting wierder and wierder as I get older.

"Dem crazy kids!" :mad:

*shakes fist*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

CPT. SURF wrote: »
    I used to be pretty normal but more and more I find myself doing weird stuff just to amuse myself. Giving silly answers to people in shops and just messing about in situations where I would normally have been serious or whatever.

I care not a jot what people say or think of me any more. I'm 26. Anyone feel this way nowadays?

Ooh! Silly naswers to people in shops! A rebel!

Go on, amuse me: what's the weirdest thing you've done in the last few years WHILE SOBER!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

CPT. SURF, I'm completely the same lately! I seem to be rejecting my age as I get older.

E.g. #1 - 10 mins ago :

danindublins boss : "I need to ask ya for something . . ."
    danindublin : "I really dont think that work is the kinda of place for that kinda thing!"

Poor man didnt know where to look! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

Getting more cantankerous in my old age.:D

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Go on, amuse me: what's the weirdest thing you've done in the last few years WHILE SOBER!

When I buy petrol I sometimes pick up a pack of sweets in front of the cashier when I go to pay. I don't offer them to be scanned and wait to see if they ask for them, then I just say "oh yea!" ;)

I'd say it comes off 1 in 3 attempts. I just like to see if they're concentrating or not ;)

Edit: It's probably not the wierdest I did in the last few years. I'd have to think about that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Got bored walking up a hill so pretended I was skiiing up it

Actually I do that the whole time

• Advertisement

When I buy petrol I sometimes pick up a pack of sweets in front of the cashier when I go to pay. I don't offer them to be scanned and wait to see if they ask for them, then I just say "oh yea!" ;)

I'd say it comes off 1 in 3 attempts. I just like to see if they're concentrating or not ;)

Ask them to break a twenty for ya. When they ask how would you like it just say real smooth like two 10s and a 5. If the shop is busy and the cashier is young it can work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I Used To Be Schizophrenic, But We're Ok Now......

Well last night was pretty normal
    I have a free house cos my roomies are in Greece.
    Left all the blinds pulled wide across and had all the lights on and nae clothes on just walking stark bollock naked around the house bending over enthusiastically to pick up imaginary objects and eating things i invented like ice cubes with beans in them.

Ask them to break a twenty for ya. When they ask how would you like it just say real smooth like two 10s and a 5. If the shop is busy and the cashier is young it can work

I like it. A bit more cheeky but it's good to mix it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Left all the blinds pulled wide across and had all the lights on and nae clothes on just walking stark bollock naked around the house bending over enthusiastically to pick up imaginary objects and eating things i invented like ice cubes with beans in them.

Christ, watch it will you. The zany reading is off the scale here. I'll have to shut my pc down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Well I've always been told I have an unpredictable temperment - I feel more normal these days (28) but everyone still calls me crazy :)

And what floor do you live on...??!

Seriously, Ireland doesn't do weird. We're too judgemental. Try doing the above outdoors, in the snow, on rollerskates. And take the dog for a walk while at it.

Also, you could go into your nearest police station claiming to be a famous musician who's just been a victim of theft. When they ask what was stolen, tell them it was a very valuable air-guitar.

And what floor do you live on...??!

Seriously, Ireland doesn't do weird. We're too judgemental. Try doing the above outdoors, in the snow, on rollerskates. And take the dog for a walk while at it.

Also, you could go into your nearest police station claiming to be a famous musician who's just been a victim of theft. When they ask what was stolen, tell them it was a very valuable air-guitar.

ok dude, we get it Germany is so much better and crazier than Ireland - we're all happy for you to be living ther;- now you can stop rubbing our faces in it constantly :(

John Stuart Mill = My hero

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Meh, I've always done things to keep myself amused. I bore very easily so I need to be occupied.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

You definitely start giving less of a fuuck what people think of you from about 25 onwards and I loves it.

Not Giving A Fcuk FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I care not a jot what people say or think of me any more. I'm 26. Anyone feel this way nowadays?[/quote}

Its probably the drugs?. Apparently due to shortages they are mixing in all sorts of chemicals to make up volume. Try to cut down on excessive use and stick with your normal dealer, who you trust to give you ”the good stuff”.

jim o doom wrote: »
    ok dude, we get it Germany is so much better and crazier than Ireland - we're all happy for you to be living ther;- now you can stop rubbing our faces in it constantly :(

Everywhere is. Ireland is, by nature, a socially reserved country. Why are you so angry about it?

Everywhere is. Ireland is, by nature, a socially reserved country. Why are you so angry about it?

because I am stuck in it currently :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

+1

Iam off my cake tbh. I dont recall a time when I was like others, or need what they do. I dont give a fock about much, and refuse to conform to the norm. I say what I like, and couldnt give two shiny shytes bout what anyone thinks about me.

Fit for the nut house tbph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Well I do notice as i get a little older that the hangovers take longer to go away...

Apparantly me not caring about what other people think has long been noted as one of my qualities.

Il get back to you if i think of anything "weird"........

• Registered Users Posts: 26,566 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm hoping it will go the other way for me, i'm a looper as it stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

yes, weird things I do:

sleep at the edge of a double bed
    eat my food in a particular order
    sit in the same seat every day (at home)
    drink from only my favourite mug
    have an office caldender hanging in my bathroom with everything marked on it.
    make list for everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I think I'm gettting less weirder as I have gottne older over the past 3or4 years. My friends sill think I'm pretty weird/random though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

abi2007 wrote: »
    yes, weird things I do:

sleep at the edge of a double bed

Out of fear of surprise anal? :confused:

I dont get it.

Advertisement