Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router query - LLU

Options
  • 16-02-2009 5:48pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Live in Navan, where I can only really get BT bb and was on the 3mb pack.
    They just moved me over to a 6m pack for free by changing me from a dsl line to a local loop unbundling line.

the rep said that my old -4 year - Netgear DG834G router may not support the new adsl2+ line that I will be on.

there was an offer of a Voager router but I declined.

Do you have any recommendations for a new wireless modem router that will support that adsl2+ line ?

Thanks

K

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi,

Live in Navan, where I can only really get BT bb and was on the 3mb pack.
    They just moved me over to a 6m pack for free by changing me from a dsl line to a local loop unbundling line.

the rep said that my old -4 year - Netgear DG834G router may not support the new adsl2+ line that I will be on.

there was an offer of a Voager router but I declined.

Do you have any recommendations for a new wireless modem router that will support that adsl2+ line ?

Thanks

K

You should be able to get a firmware upgrade for the netgear which will solve the adsl2+ issue for you. Just make sure you download the correct version for your edition of the 834.

http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/DG834.asp

I am using an 834 of considerable vintage now, with Smart no problem. In fact the 834 has a reputation for being good with problem lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Unless it's a pretty old version of the DG834g it is an ADSL2+ Router check on the bottom of the unit it'll be written there i know that atleast v4 on is ADSL2+

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Thx folks,

will check tonight and report back.

Thx

K

just checked and it's a V2 router - will this do for the adsl2+ with a firmware upgrade or do I need to get a new router ?

K

edit - looks likes it should be ok - http://kbserver.netgear.com/datasheets/DG834v2_ds_11July05.pdf

just double check - if ya don't mind :)

thx k

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I am using the updated v2 with Smart.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/259

Thanks a mil folks,

will double check the firmware version over the next few days, but positive I updated it a few weeks back anyhow,

thanks again,

K

Hi,

BT text me to say the llu change-over was in progress & active.

D/l speeds are fantastic now - didn't have to do anyhting to router -upgraded firmware about 2 weeks ago anyhows.

data
    Download speed 5183 Kbps
    Upload speed 433 Kbps
    QOS 98 %
    RTT 31 ms
    Max Delay 8 ms

thanks again folks,

k

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Gopod to hear things are going good, its good practice to upgrade to newer firmwares...although I never do it straight away incase they have a major bug..best wait a month or so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

saw this a bit late but incase anyone else is looking at it

as long as they are not upgrading you passed 8mb any adsl router should work on an adsl2+ line

• Advertisement
Advertisement