Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Piercing Apprenticeship

• 16-02-2009 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭

does anyone know how I'd go about this. Ive already a qualification in ear piercing but would love to learn how to pierce properly.

Im in college so it couldnt be a full time thing. but I'd just love to try it, even if it was purely experience and I wasnt getting paid.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Would be next to impossible if you werent going to do it full time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

You'll also be hard pressed to find a piercer willing to train you unless you are seriously looking at it as a fulltime career.

If you do decide to give it a try anyway, I wouldn't bother mentioning the ear piercing training at all if it involved guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

thanks very much for the info - i know the ear piercing is nothing really...but its a step in the right direction (kinda :P)

guess Ill just have to get this college thing out of the way first... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

No piercing with a gun is not nothing. It is the biggest no to all real piercers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I got so excited when i saw this thread title... Let down if i ever saw one.

Anyway, unless its full time i doubt you'll get anything and don't mention gun piecings, step in the wrong direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Sweenox

If its anythg like a tattoo apprenticeship I wouldn say they will pay you while they are training you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They won't. 99% of tattoo apprenticeships don't pay either.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

And I doubt they'd consider taking on someone for light/part time apprenticeships. The way I understand it, people are queuing up to get apprenticeships in tattooing and piercing. There's a lot of competition for the places.

Advertisement