Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Bo Boarding Kennels

Options
  • 16-02-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Have any of ye used Lough Bo Boarding Kennels in Geevagh? Im looking for somewhere to put two cats for a few days in March!

Thank you

CT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Sorry I've not but there is a really good one in Drumfin I think it is.It out in the countryside and they have loads of space.
    If your traveling on the N4 towards Dublin,at the crossroads where you can turn left for Riverstown,turn right there and it's down that road.
    Run by a very nice German couple.
    I don't have the number or any other details on hand but I'm sure I can get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

I think you're talking about Lough Bo!! Its out the DUblin road past Riverstown on the way to Geevagh..!

To be honest I don't have a clue if it's near Lough Bo,if you had asked me where Lough Bo is,I wouldn't have a clue,it could have been anywhere in the country.

Don't ask me about prices or anything,it was my parents who took care of that.We used to bring our dogs there and they loved going out there,almost didn't want to come home after:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I thought Lough Bo was run by an English couple?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Lough Bo is run by an English couple, i teach their kids. They're all vegans so they take animal welfare quite seriously I'd imagine :) Nice people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

They live near me and really look after all the animals in their care. Cats have a large light, airy and warm pen to roam around in and can listen to the radio if they want! :D My brother's cat has been on holiday there a few times and almost didn't want to come home! :D

Contact details here:

http://www.goldenpages.ie/detailsSearch.ds?detailsListingId=IE_577445_2

BTW Lough Bo is situated between Riverstown and Geevagh. There is a shooting centre nearby.

To reach the boarding kennels, you take the R284 at Carraroe, go through Ballygawley and Sooey, pass Gleann Church, then turn right at Conway's Cross (there is a large brown sign with Lough Bo on it just before) go around the lake until you reach a sign with Drummacool on it then turn left. The boarding kennels are a mile or so up that road on the right.

Hope this helps! :)

I was obviously thinking of different boarding kennels.
    I realised this when I saw the map locator of the Lough Bo Kennels.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

I can recommend Lough Bo .. well looked after and the kids there even played ball with my dog...

Stay away from the one mentioned at Drumfin.. left my dog there and when I came back he was half starved.

GG66 wrote: »
    I can recommend Lough Bo .. well looked after and the kids there even played ball with my dog...

Stay away from the one mentioned at Drumfin.. left my dog there and when I came back he was half starved.

I would agree about the Drumfin one, my mums dog came back with a cut face...he needed treatment at the vets...he was in a right state.

I've never had any bad experiences with the one in Drumfin,my dogs always loved it and never wanted to come home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I've never had any bad experiences with the one in Drumfin,my dogs always loved it and never wanted to come home!

Maybe you feed your dog even less then they do???:D

Hi guys,
    Thanks a million for all your replies! Im a bit neurotic when it comes to my two cats!!

I'll definitely be popping out to see Lough Bo and booking the boys in!!

Thanks again

CT

I know Im daft!!!:D

Ahh they are gorgeous!

Hoope they have a nice stay!Report back:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lilyw

Are lough bo kennels the one when your on the sligo dublin road you take a right opposite the turn off for riverstown (not too good at geography!) I booked my dog in there twice, first time ok (I thought) second time he wouldn't get out of the car but I had to leave him there as I was on my way to airport. Now I go to Tall Tress Kennels in Tubbercurry, he jumps out the car to see the lady! good sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

No, that sounds more like Drumfin. See my post on this thread for directions to Lough Bo Kennels. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 stingray5

lough bo is a wonderful placeto leave your pets my dog (nellie) has been twice and is going again this year,
    they really do love and care for the pets just like theywould their own !
    great couple too !!
    Dave

Following on from all your recommendations my mums dog is booked in at Lough Bo, will let you know how he gets on.

I left my two in there for a few days during the summer. I had to book a month in advance, because they are so popular. My dogs were really well looked after, and were in great form when I collected them, i don't think they were too bothered about me when I turned up! Jo from the kennels sent me a text over the weekend I was away to let me know how my dogs were getting on, it went something like 'I'm sitting on a chair in the middle of the field and Norman is sitting on my lap getting lots of rubs, and I have Milly by my side' It was a nice touch, and my dogs were so well looked after. I'm away again in October and i'll definitely be leaving them in there again.

The easiest way to get there is to follow the old Sligo Road and there is a crossroads of sorts about halfway between Geevagh and Drumacool, it's signposted Lough Nasool and Lough Bo if you're coming from Geevagh direction, turn left (from Geevagh) and follow the road for about a mile to a T junction, turn left again and drive along by Lough Bo and just follow the road, kennels on the right, they usually have their van parked outside with pink paw prints across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Damnit. I spent the last 6 months stalking the Pink Panther out there. Are you saying those pink paw prints are signage? And I heard he was rinky-dink:( (actually, that makes very little sense if you're not of a certain age :D)

• Advertisement

Well my mums dog is home from Lough Bo, I've never seen him look so good.
    He came bounding in.
    Can highly recommend them. They even picked him up and dropped him off.
    Great service and great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Hi guys.

We're thinking of using the boarding kennels in Lough BO for our two dogs. Do they need to have the kennel cough vaccination got before they will take the dogs?

Thanks.

rhonin wrote: »
    Hi guys.

We're thinking of using the boarding kennels in Lough BO for our two dogs. Do they need to have the kennel cough vaccination got before they will take the dogs?

Thanks.

I think you do. They asked me if mine had KC vaccination when I was booking them in the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I think you do. They asked me if mine had KC vaccination when I was booking them in the last time.

Ours don't and was hoping to book them in for Saturday. Looks like I won't be able to now.

Yes they do need the vaccination (I think most kennels do).

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Lough Bo seems to be highly recommended. How much roughly are these kennels per night typically? Never used one for the dog before so have no idea.

thebuzz wrote: »
    Lough Bo seems to be highly recommended. How much roughly are these kennels per night typically? Never used one for the dog before so have no idea.

€12 per dog per night, but if you have your two dogs in the same kennel e.g. if you have two small dogs like me, you might get them a bit cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

My dog always goes there,seems to like it.

Advertisement